Friday, June 19, 2009

Missing John

John left for New York on Tuesday. He finally got a contract on his house--hurray!--and will close in just a few days. So he has been busy emptying closets and drawers, preparing for a big moving sale tomorrow. His kids were already gone; they flew up to the Empire State on Saturday to spend five weeks with their mother. So it's just Casey, Nathan and me for a while. The house is contentedly quiet, and my boys are generally low-maintenance. But, although my to-do list is long, all I have really done since John left is make sure Nathan gets where he needs to go, teach my piano students (our spring recital is tomorrow) and SLEEP. I can't remember when I have been so tired. Maybe I should toss the to-do list. Maybe what I really need is a vacation. Or at least a fun day out. I miss John. Here is a picture of us at at the Inman Park Festival in April. Can you tell we were having a good time?

3 comments:

Sherri said...

put away the to-do list and enjoy the peace and quiet!

pinkpandalovr said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
poo24carats said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.