Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Banana Bread


BANANA BREAD

Perfect every time!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 X 5-inch pan.

In a large bowl, combine:
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 bananas)
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk

In a separate bowl, combine:
1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Then stir dry ingredients and 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts) into banana mixture.

Turn into prepared pan. Bake for one hour, or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; allow to finish cooling on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy!

5 comments:

eric said...

YUM!

Carley said...

Your Banana Bread looks delicious!
The recipe sounds very similar to mine. I have copied & pasted it and will compare the 2 later. I love "Banana Anything" so anytime I have over-ripe bananas that's the first thing I think of to make. Thanks for sharing yours. The picture made me hungry! ;-)

Carley said...

I had 3 over-ripe bananas left last weekend and your recipe was right on hand without having to look mine up so I used it. The bread was delicious!

Julee J. Adams said...

Looks great and I'll bet it smelled great too!

I remember going down to Huff's Newsstand in our home town. I'd get my comics there and also they had ice cream. My dad's favorite was their banana flavor. Thanks for the sense memory! Feel better soon! See you soon!

Pam Asberry said...

Omigosh, I'd forgotten all about Huff's. I used to buy word search books there. I distinctly remember the strong scent of newsprint in that place. I don't remember the ice cream, though. But I'm sure I indulged!