Wednesday, October 7, 2009

MUSE/U2


Last night, we went to see the bands Muse and U2 at the Georgia Dome. What a show!

This was part of U2's 360 degree tour. I'm not even going to try to describe the stage. But if you click on the link, you will see how everything was set up, although you can't really see how HUGE it was, and the lights came through it and flashed one it, and how it morphed throughout the show. I have never seen anything like it. It was unbelievably cool.

The acoustics weren't great. I'm no sound expert, but something just wasn't right. The vocals and much of the outstanding guitar work were drowned out by the drums and the bass. Still, the overall experience was amazing.

But the highlight of the evening--for me, at least--was the opening act, a British band called Muse. I distinctly remember the first time I heard them on the radio. I was tootling down the road, listening to the old 99X, when the song "Butterflies and Hurricanes" came on. I nearly wrecked my car when the piano solo started. It's about three and a half minutes into the link. If you watch the whole thing, you will see that the soloist, Matthew Bellamy, is also the lead singer and a guitarist. I am head over heels in love with this man. And what's a twenty-year age difference when we're talking about true love?

If you are a fan of Muse and/or U2 and have a chance to catch this tour, I highly recommend it!


No comments: