Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week-End Update

What a wonderful, restful, inspirational, motivational weekend it was!

I slept until 10:30 yesterday morning, then I put on one of my favorite outfits (brown dress, brown tights, slouchy brown suede boots) and drove to Alpharetta to meet my sister-in-law for a girls' afternoon out. We had Mexican food at Frontera for lunch, then visited the Bead Bayou and the North Point JoAnn's and Michael's and bought a few things we needed and lots of things we wanted and we had so much fun. I got home late, but not too late to take Nathan to Subway for the club sandwich he was craving and to make a Kroger run. Now we won't starve this week.

I got up bright and early this morning so I could be at the first Atlanta region NaNoWriMo kick-off party at 10:00 this morning. I had to drive 45 miles to get there, but it was worth it! I met some really cool people, and left even more determined than when I arrived. As I explained to my fellow participants, when I set a goal for myself, I do whatever it takes to achieve it. If I say I'm gonna write 50,000 words during the month of November, I WILL WRITE 50,000 WORDS DURING THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER!!

Next, I picked up son Josh, who turned 22 yesterday. He, Nathan and I celebrated his birthday at the Lenox Grill in Buckhead.


Afterwards, we did a bit of shopping. Josh found a winter coat, and Nathan found a groovy long-sleeved shirt and a studded leather belt. I tried on 45,679 items of clothing at Banana Republic but left empty-handed. I despise what middle age is doing to my body! I've been walking two miles a day; tomorrow, I'm going to walk at least 20!

Finally, I came home, practiced piano (I have a rehearsal tomorrow morning and a performance Wednesday morning; more about that another time) and spent a very frustrating hour or so on the phone before chilling with Nathan and Desperate Housewives. Ah.

My house is a mess and the laundry is threatening to take over the world and tomorrow is Monday. I hate that I will be starting the week out so far behind.

But it was a great weekend. And the next thing I know, it will be Friday again. So, on second thought, I'm going to stop with the complaining and show some gratitude.

For a sister-in-law who's more like a sister. For dining out. For shopping. For writing groups. For fabulous sons.

And for old boyfriends who tell you exactly who they are.

6 comments:

Carley said...

Sounds like a beautiful even though a busy weekend for you. Nice you could make time for making Josh & Nathan happy, too. I remember he commented about his footlong Subway. :-) I think your thought about gratitude is a positive thing which we should all do daily- "Count our
blessings & name them one by one". If I don't watch myself I can find satan trapping me in the snare of focusing on what I don't have rather than what I do have which becomes a very defeating trap. I love you and enjoy your blogs although with your new blog face at first I didn't see where to make a comment @ first.

Josh Geyer said...

Thank you again for lunch and the coat :)

Pam said...

Thanks, Mom! Glad you were able to navigate the new layout. I like it so much better!

Pam said...

Josh, you're welcome! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

WomenBloom said...

Now, that sounds like fun! It's always a dilemma, how much to fill one's weekend! Too little and you feel like you wasted it, too much and you feel you're starting the week behind. Nice problem to have though :)

Enjoyed reading your posts!

Pam said...

Hi Allison,

Yes, it's always a dilemma. The good news is, if we don't find the right balance one weekend, there's always the next weekend to look forward to. And they seem to come around faster than they used to!

Thanks for stopping by!

Pam