Monday, October 5, 2009

You didn't know you need this--but you do!!

I made brownies today. Not just any brownies, mind you. They were Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownies. And I baked them in my Baker's Edge Nonstick Edge Brownie Pan.


I don't recall exactly where I first heard about this marvelous invention. I'm just thankful that I did. Because I'm one of those people who will fight for a corner brownie. The combination of a moist, tender center and a crunchy, chewy edge is, in my opinion, chocolate perfection. But with this pan, there is nothing to fight about, because every single brownie has two chewy edges. And there is something magical about the design. The insides cook through, though the edges do not burn; the brownies do not stick, and clean-up is a snap. I bought my pan last December and have used it many times, but it still looks like it is brand-new. It came with recipes, but I haven't tried them yet because I have had such good luck with the 13 by 9 family size mixes.

I highly recommend that you treat yourself and all your chocolate-loving friends to one of these pans. In the meantime, I'm going to help myself to another brownie!

7 comments:

John said...

I know those brownies and they are amazing!

Natalie said...

That is so funny!

saidfraz said...

yum, I love the corner brownies too. Didn't know such a pan existed....where'd you get it?

Pam said...

I got mine from amazon.com. You can click on the link in my post and go straight to it. I got one for my brother, too--it made a great Christmas present! :)

eric said...

I claim credit for introducing this pan to you. It was on my Christmas wish list awhile back. :) Boy those brownies look good ...

Pam said...

Oh! I don't remember that, Eric! But THANK YOU!! This brownie pan has CHANGED MY LIFE!! :)

Carley said...

I'm so glad you ordered mine from my wish list on Amazon. Can't wait to put in some Milk Chocolate Mix with lots of chopped English Walnuts thrown in. I can all but smell them baking now & mouth watering knowing how good they'll taste. Thanks again as I know there will be no problem getting edges or corner pieces now.