(1) I started--and finished--a great knitted wool cap (click here).
(2) I met the fabulous Kate Jacobs; she tweeted our picture AND posted it on her blog (click here).
(3) I won a contest sponsored by the group blog Petit Fours and Hot Tamales; my name appeared in big orange letters (click here) on their site.
(4) I had special time with two of my boys. Saturday night, Casey and I had dinner out together; Sunday afternoon, Nathan and I hit the mall. My hard-to-please 13 year old found clothes and shoes that we both like, and I even bought myself a few things--a great chocolate brown pin stripe pant suit, three tops, and a cardigan.
(5) I got a fabulous new hairstyle at Shenanigans Hair Studio (click here--thanks, Jody!)
New life, new me
(6) I started National Novel Writing Month (click here).
The good news is that, over the course of the past eight days, I have completed approximately 10,000 words of a brand-new book, which approximately equals the combined total of all my fiction writing to date. The bad news is that, at this rate, I will not achieve my goal of 50,000 words in 30 days. By now, my word count should be 13, 336. I was under the weather on Friday, and had a busy weekend. That's all it took to put me behind.
But, although I have failed, I am not defeated. It is not too late; if my math is correct, 2143 words per day between now and Sunday will get me to 25,000 words by November 15th, the halfway point. I CAN DO THIS.
So I'd better get my weary bones to bed so I can get a bright and early start tomorrow.
Words of encouragement and/or advice are welcome! Post them here!