Monday, December 14, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Last week was crazy, with my students doing holiday concerts on Tuesday and Thursday and Nathan getting sick towards the end of the week. So we didn't get around to decorating the Christmas tree until Sunday. It was a big job. I had forgotten how many ornaments I have. Two or three of them date back to my childhood; there are a few from my college years. Many were gifts from friends and family members and piano students; my boys made some of them, and I picked up others on trips and vacations. They are all very dear to me.

Over the weekend, I also finished the scarf I was working on for the Red Scarf Project. I love the way it turned out.

I boxed and mailed it this morning, along with a couple of holiday packages for far-away friends and family. And I surprised myself by actually remembering to get Christmas stamps while I was at the post office. I am hoping to get my cards written tonight and in the mail tomorrow. And then I need to get serious about finishing the handful of Christmas gifts I have started for people whose names I cannot mention because they read this blog. But you can be sure I will tell you all about them after December 25th has come and gone.

2 comments:

Carol Burnside said...

Very nice - both tree and scarf. Great job. I hope Christmas was everything you wanted it to be and more. :)

Pam said...

Thanks, Carol! I had a great Christmas. Hope yours was wonderful, too!