Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February Update

We are a solid month into the New Year's Resolutions at this point, so I decided it was time to review my progress so far.

Here are the statistics.

I have lost 3.8 pounds and 3 inches. I have exercised an average of four days a week and written a thousand words a day, four days per week. (Although, as of yesterday, I committed to writing a thousand words a day, SIX days per week).

Apparently, these are the areas that matter most to me. Because I have fallen short everywhere else. Although I did finish reading a HILARIOUS book, "Home Is Where the Wine Is," by Laurie Perrie, which I will review in the next day or two. Laurie is a woman after my heart. And I have completed two more rows on my brother's Christmas afghan. (Sorry, Eric. Did I suggest it might be finished by Valentine's Day, 2010? Because I meant Valentine's Day, 2011!)

In my defense, I took on two huge projects during the month of January. One was completing the rehearsal schedule/putting together the teacher packets for the Gwinnett County Music Teachers Ensemble concert. The other was completing the performance schedule for Gwinnett County Central District's National Federation of Music Clubs Federated Festival. The details aren't very interesting, but trust me when I say that these jobs demanded hours and HOURS of my time. But now that they are finished, I am hoping to get back on track with my New Year's Resolutions.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

2 comments:

Snake said...

Oh, resolutions. I don't like making them although I need to make some major changes in my life.

Pam said...

Hi Snake. I guess that's what it's all about. Recognizing the need for change and then going for it. Good luck to you!