Wednesday, February 17, 2010

From this day forward...

Fear is a powerful motivator.

From this day forward:

1. I do not apologize for stupid things--how much I weigh, the length of my hair, my financial situation, my age. I do the best I can with what I have; it's good enough for me, and if it's not good enough for someone else, that's HIS problem, not mine.

2. I make healthy choices--about eating, and drinking, and exercise, and how I spend my time, and who I spend it with. As I live my life, I ask myself, "Will this activity/person help me get closer to achieving my goals, or take me farther away from them?" and make decisions accordingly.

3. While recognizing that it is impossible to avoid every bump in the road, I acknowledge that the obstacles in my path might actually turn out to be in my best interest in the long run, and consider the possibilities provided by an alternate, potentially better, route.

4. I count my blessings--and they are abundant!--every day. I take NOTHING for granted. Keeping my attention on the positive things in my life will help make the inevitable negative experiences more bearable.

That is all.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Pam, you inspire me on so many levels! I am thankful for you and your willingness to share your life.

Pam said...

Thank you for your encouragement, Kathy. It really means a lot to me.

Dan said...

I sometimes try to figure out what it is/was that causes comments of this nature. I should stop that. Still, I can see that you are a strong woman and very capable of doing and having all that you set your mind to achieve. Keep up the good work. You deserve the best.

Pam said...

Dan, some men are just very shallow. But I am finally figuring out that this is THEIR problem, not MINE. Unfortunately, I have spent most of my adult life being a "chameleon," morphing myself into whatever my partner wanted/needed me to be. At some point, though, it becomes too difficult to keep up the facade, and the relationship ends. Now, as I forge new relationships, I am determined to just BE MYSELF, making no apologies, and let the chips fall where they may. But I will admit it is hard to change the habits of a lifetime!