What an thrill to receive the above award from fellow writer/blogger Carol Burnside today! Here in the dead of winter, on the heels of our magnificent snowstorm, these colorful flowers were a welcome sight. Thank you, Carol!
This award came with strings attached, however. First, I must tell you seven things about myself; then, I must extend the award to seven others. Here goes.
SEVEN THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME
1. I was born in Missouri but went to high school in Illinois, so I consider Mt. Carmel, Illinois to be my hometown. (Go, Aces!)
2. My favorite colors are pink and purple.
3. I am a "cat person" but my son, Casey, is allergic to cats so I have a dog instead. I love my dog.
4. I hate winter and dream of living on a sunny beach someday. Maui, anyone?
5. Occasionally, I fantasize about being a biker chick with spiky black hair, tattoos and leather boots, but my hairdresser, Jody, says no.
6. I once attempted to defend a very special cedar tree from a charging white charolais bull. (I still don't understand why the bull was so mad at the tree.) My dad stopped me, which explains why I am still alive today.
7. I cannot listen to Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings" without weeping.
MY SEVEN AWARD WINNERS
1. My friend and inspiration, Stephanie, at http://redclaydiaries.com/
2. Fellow writer, Trish, at http://healthywriter.blogspot.com/
3. Author Elaine (today is her birthday!) at http://thewriterscanvas.blogspot.com/
4. My brother, Eric, at http://ericasberry.com/
5. My high school friend, Debbie, at http://debrabecht.blogspot.com/
6. My NaNoWriMo Municipal Liaison, Shawn, at http://shawnannmurray.com/
7. My mom, Carley, at http://carleyasberry.com/
I'm hoping that this will inspire some of you who haven't posted for a while! :-)