Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snowcalypse Atlanta!

Here in metropolitan Atlanta, the mere forecast of snow is a phenomenon. People flock to the grocery stores to stock up on milk and bread; schools and public events are cancelled. Actual snowfall is a grand gala event. Children and adults alike gather outside to sled in the streets and build snowmen and throw snowballs. And take pictures.

Yesterday, we got FOUR INCHES of snow. This was such big news that one of the local television stations preempted Oprah and replaced it with a one-hour special on the winter storm. That was annoying. But as much as I despise the cold, I couldn't help but get caught up in the brouhaha.

The sunrise this morning was spectacular.

And this is the current view outside my bedroom window.

The bad news is that my lunch date scheduled for 12:30 today is off. I just spoke with Bachelor #5 - let's call him Jacob - who has elected not to try to make the drive in from Griffin, GA (about 80 miles away) for our first meeting. Of course, I don't blame him. Besides, I'm not sure I would be able to back my car out of the driveway.

Ice!

However, I am looking forward to dinner with Bachelor #3 - aka Bill, remember? - tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Debra Becht said...

The photographs of the snow are beautiful as is the soup. I am extremely impressed by both. I will be anxiously awaiting the updates on the date!

Carol Burnside said...

I think today's snow was a false alarm - inches wise. We got some, but it didn't amount to much. Now watch it snow all night because I said that!

Hey, I gave you an award on my blog. Go check it out. :)

Pam said...

Thanks, Debbie! The snow is gone but Bachelor #3 is still around. More later!

Pam said...

Wow, Carol! An *AWARD*?!? I feel deeply honored. THANK YOU!!!