Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Free Falling

I discovered Danielle LaPorte's blog today. Click HERE to read her post. Then come right back.

* * *

This is what my friend PAT had to say about it.

"Reading that was like setting the right side of my brain on fire and causing an explosion. I haven't seen that kind of spin on reality. I liked it so much, I have to read it again slowly to get all of the juicy out of it."

That's exactly how I felt.

* * *

In these pages, I have often expressed a desire to find balance in my life. Well, I am finally beginning to see the futility in striving for balance when most of my days are controlled pandemonium at best. It is very freeing to think that maybe there is nothing "wrong" with things being the way they are.

Instead of resisting the chaos, I can choose to revel in it.

I love a good road trip, but after a few hours of driving, I become fatigued. Still, as tempting as it might be to find a comfortable hotel where I can stop and sleep for a few hours, instead I tend to seek out places of interest or scenic beauty where I can get out of the car and stretch my limbs and rest my mind, if only for a few moments. Then, when I get back behind the wheel, I am renewed and invigorated. Sometimes I even have a story to tell.

I need to look for similar opportunities as I travel down life's road, and grab them when I can. I have long understood that I function best when I have an adventure to look forward to. I have a lot of responsibility--two sons living with me, a home to maintain, and a full time job--and very little backup. I love what I do, but the nature of it makes my financial situation somewhat precarious. To make matters worse, I am a recovering perfectionist and I am inclined to worry.

But there is more. I have friends that I love, and lovers yet to meet. And I have a dream. I dream of being a published author. However, this dream requires the investment of hours and hours of time without knowing the outcome. This borders on crazy, right? But I'm going to keep running with my scissors. Grinning from ear to ear. Fearless.

2 comments:

WhiteHotTruth said...

wow. thank you.
xo
Danielle

Pam said...

Danielle, thank YOU.
Pam