If you want inspiration to create your own list, click here. You will be busy for hours.
1. Spend a summer in France.
2. Spend a week in New York City: see all the sights, attend a Broadway play.
3. Cruise to Alaska.
4. Vacation in Hawaii.
5. Go on a walking tour of Ireland.
6. Vacation in England/Scotland/Wales.
7. Spend a summer in the Mediterranean: Greece, Spain, Italy.
8. See Australia and New Zealand.
9. Go to Africa.
10. See the Grand Canyon.
11. Set foot in all 50 states.
12. See the Great Wall of China.
13. Visit ancient Egypt.
14. Spend a summer driving across the United States, coast to coast, with no itinerary.
15. Go back to Nantucket.
16. Visit Seattle.
17. Visit Los Angeles.
18. Cruise through the Panama Canal.
19. Go on a cruise with my parents, children, and brother and sister-in-law.
20. Go on a cruise with Pat.
21. See the Rockettes Christmas Show in New York City.
22. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
23. Attend the Grammy Awards.
24. Be in the audience of the David Letterman show.
25. Drink beer at Oktoberfest in Munich.
26. Attend a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado.
27. Do the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th.
28. Walk with the Sweet Potato Queens in the St. Patrick’s Day parade in Jackson, Mississippi.
29. Attend the Academy Awards.
30. Read all of Jane Austen's novels.
31. Read "War and Peace."
32. Finish, revise and polish my first novel.
33. Find a publisher for my novel.
34. Become a New York Times bestselling author.
35. Sign my book at an autograph session.
36. Have an article published in a magazine.
37. Have 100 followers on my blog.
38. Have 1000 followers on Twitter.
RANDOM & MISCELLANEOUS:
39. Get a tattoo.
40. Get another ear piercing.
41. Brush up on my French and speak it fluently.
42. Speak Spanish conversationally.
43. Learn salsa dancing.
45. Throw myself a fabulous, no-holds-barred birthday party.
46. Bowl a 200+ game.
47. Speak in front of 1000 people.
48. Do a somersault.
49. Fly first class.
50. Ride in a limousine.
51. Have dinner at the Sun Dial Restaurant atop the Peachtree Westin Atlanta.
52. Serve on a jury.
53. Be an extra in a film.
54. Stop biting my fingernails.
55. Weigh 110 pounds.
56. Make a habit of daily healthy eating and exercise.
57. Overcome water phobia and become a strong swimmer.
58. Learn to sail.
59. Go sky diving.
60. Go snow skiing.
61. Zip line through a canopy.
62. Swim with a dolphin.
PEOPLE TO MEET:
63. Meet Oprah.
64. Meet Elizabeth Berg.
65. Meet Anne Lamott.
66. Meet Sark.
67. Meet Meryl Streep.
68. Meet Matthew Bellamy.
69. Have dinner with Jamie Oliver.
HOME AND HEARTH:
70. Get rid of everything I don't absolutely need or love.
71. Own a house on the beach (might be on a lake, might be on the ocean--doesn't matter as long as it's someplace warm).
72. Make it my dream home.
73. Establish an herb garden.
74. Plant an Eastern red cedar tree.
75. Keep chickens.
76. Get a kitten and name it Panzer.
77. Master Chopin's Scherzo in B-Flat Minor.
78. Master Mozart's Concerto, K. 466, and perform it with an orchestra.
79. Learn how to play the hammered dulcimer.
80. Learn how to play the mandolin.
81. Write a song (piano and lyrics).
82. Sing in a Messiah singalong.
83. Sing karaoke in public.
84. Learn to improvise jazz and play with a jazz band.
85. Own a grand piano.
86. Own a sexy sports car.
87. Crochet a granny square afghan.
88. Knit a pair of socks.
89. Knit a sweater.
90. Make a scrapbook photo album for each of my children.
91. Make a scrapbook album "Book of Me."
92. Organize my loose recipes/compile a family cookbook.
93. Make soap.
94. Make divinity.
95. Own a bakery.
96. Write a will.
97. Pay off my credit cards.
98. Achieve financial peace.
PIE IN THE SKY:
99. Fall madly in love with Mr. Right.
100. Have the wedding of my dreams.