Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Georgia Renaissance Festival

"Bill" I went to the Georgia Renaissance Festival on Sunday.

We saw many lovely items for sale.

"Bill" looking quite pirate-ish. In a good way.

We saw some amazing acts.

This woman could juggle fire.

And do crazy things with purple scarves.

These women convinced grown men stand in front of a large crowd wearing brassieres in strange ways.

I was envious of these women and their power. Over everyone. But especially over men.

I had so much fun that I was ready to quit my day job and sell my house and all my personal possessions and put my children up for adoption (okay, two of them are legal adults - sorry, Nathan) and travel with the Renaissance Festival.

I guess this was akin to the traditional run-away-and-join-the-circus fantasy.

For now, I have decided against it. But someday, when my children are grown, I just might quit my day job and sell my house and all my personal possessions and play piano on a cruise ship.

Why not?

No comments: