Thursday, September 2, 2010

Meanderings on love

I have been thinking a lot about romantic love lately. On the heels of yet another failed relationship, I was on the verge of throwing in the towel, giving up the quest, quitting while I was behind.

I am woman, hear me roar.

Problem is, I'm really not wired to be alone. Oh, it's fine for now. I just don't wanna live like this forever. Plus, I just tossed my 100 Things out there. Maybe something BIG is about to happen. I sure wouldn't want to miss it.

I have resisted the concept of soul mates; certainly, there isn't just ONE person out there waiting for me. Talk about a needle in a haystack! Then again, have you ever had the experience of meeting someone for the first time and feeling as if you'd known that person forever? That happened to me recently. The theme music from "The Twilight Zone" has been running through my head ever since.


It's all very mysterious. The winds are shifting, for sure. Tired of fighting, I'm just gonna adjust my sails and see where I end up. I have a wonderful feeling my destination is going to be better than the one I was headed for, anyway.

On my list today:
Do the next thing.
Have fun when I can.
Grab every brass ring I can lay my hands on.

***

This is the kind of love I crave. Find a tissue before you watch.

Danny & Annie from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

2 comments:

jazzyjinx said...

love it Pam. thanks so much for sharing. best wishing on finding someone and happy belated birthday.

Pam said...

Thanks for visiting, Shawn. We're gonna make it!