Monday, September 13, 2010

What's Going On

I'll admit it: I'm still in the free fall plummet phase of my roller coaster ride of emotions. But I might be easing into a coast. People have been in the right place at the right time - on the internet as well as in the flesh - to offer me nuggets of wisdom to help bring the blur that's rushing past me into soft focus. Don't you love the way that happens? More about that another day when I have the clarity to express it.

In the meantime, I'm spending time doing things that make me happy.

(1) I'm reading - Jane Austen's Emma, the next selection of my wonderful Jane Austen Book Club; and a book called Four Word Self Help by Patti Digh, in preparation for my participation in her blog tour this month. Be sure to check out my review right here on September 24th.

(2) I'm playing the piano. You can watch my first ever music video by clicking HERE.

(3) I'm beading - and my Etsy store is finally open for business. You can view my items for sale by clicking HERE.

(4) I'm hanging out with old friends, making acquaintance with new friends, and enjoying time with my sons. Last night, the three of them and I sat at my kitchen table and had dinner together for the first time in ages. It was a moment I will hold in my heart forever.

I collect quotes the way some people collect Precious Moments figurines or music boxes or key chains. Here's one that seems especially appropriate today.

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." (Helen Keller)

I'm walking straight through every open door.

6 comments:

Tami Brothers said...

You are doing great, Pam! I firmly believe everything happens for a reason and eventually we are gifted with the answers to those reasons...grin...

My suggestion is to just keep walking. Those doors are open for a reason.

Tami

Pam said...

Thanks, Tami. Will do.

Jenniney the Rad said...

Keep walking through those doors, Ms. Pam. One of these days, I'll be on the other side of one! :)
Miss you tons,
and thanks for everything :)

Pam said...

Aww, thanks, Jenni! I miss you too. Keep letting your light shine!

jazzyjinx said...

We have yet something else in common. I've been collecting quotes for over 30 years. My favorite is by Albert Einstein. "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

And I too have met someone. And I've gotten a ring to prove it. hehe

We have to do lunch soon.

Pam said...

SHAWN!!
Yes, yes, yes - lunch SOON!!