Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I can hardly believe it, but Thanksgiving Day is here again. I try to maintain a thankful attitude year-round, but like many Americans, I have been especially mindful of my blessings this week, and I want to take this opportunity to thank YOU, my faithful readers--family, friends, colleagues, even a few folks I have never met--for your love, support and encouragement.

I have navigated through some rough waters this year. I have found love and lost love; I have faced health issues and financial pressures; I have taken on new challenges and met with both failure and success. Through it all, you have been there for me. You have lifted me up through the hard times, given me sound advice when I needed it, and been generous with the "attagirls" when I deserved them. Knowing you are out there means more than you can imagine.

So here is a small token of my appreciation for all that you have given me: a recording of me playing one of my favorite George Winston pieces, appropriately titled "Thanksgiving." Pardon the page turns.

I hope your holiday is the best one ever.

12 comments:

Raining Roses said...

So, so beautiful. Thank you, Pam.

Pam said...

I'm so glad you liked it! Happy Thanksgiving, Pete!

Joseph Akins said...

Thanks!!

Pam said...

Aw, Joseph; you're welcome! We're looking forward to the house concert next weekend! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Unita!

Carley said...

Beautiful--Thanks to my lovely daughter for sharing her beautiful music selection for Thanksgiving. Love you & hope you & Eric & SeDonna have a beautiful day together. This is the day the Lord hath made & we shall be thankful & rejoice in it!

eric said...

Best. Youtube. Video. EVAR!

You are so awesome, and I am thankful to have you as my sister.

Pam said...

Thanks, Mom. Wish you could be here with us. Hope to see you SOON. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Pam said...

Thanks, Eric! And I am thankful to you have you as my brother. Thank you for being here today! :-)

Tami Brothers said...

This is wonderful, Pam! You are very talented, girl... Seriously.

Hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving! And a HUGE welcome to the Petit Fours and Hot Tamales blog!!! We are going to LOVE having you as part of our siterhood.

Tami

Pam said...

Thank you, Tami! I am thrilled to be a part of PFHT. You know, I attended my very first GRW meeting on my 50th birthday, and Anna Doll took me under her wing, and gave me a PFHT card; I remember visiting the site afterwards, and being completely in awe of all of you. :-) I can hardly believe that I will actually be a part of it now. Just proves that you gotta keep putting one foot in front of the other, cuz you never know what wonderful surprises might be in store for you right around the corner!

Natalie said...

I love that too - I will have to go play it tomorrow :)

Pam said...

Go, Natalie! We should get together and play Christmas duets sometime this month...