Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Crazy

Remember when I was sick over the summer? When, after three rounds of antibiotics, I finally went to see the pulmonologist and she knew just what to do and I finally got well? Did I mention that she told me not to stop taking the meds when I started feeling better?

Well, I am ashamed to admit that didn't listen; I stopped taking the drugs. So when I contracted my first upper respiratory bug of the season --the one my kids shook in three days flat--it knocked me for a loop. Two weeks later, I was still getting worse. Finally, on Monday I broke down and made a doctor's appointment for yesterday. I went in congested and coughing and wheezing--and running a fever--and left with more prescriptions (to go along with the ones from my pulmonologist, which I had already refilled). After just two days of antibiotics and prednisone and allergy medication and an inhaler, I am finally on the mend. My symptoms are alleviated, and I feel almost like my energetic, enthusiastic self again.

Resolved:

*Take all medications as prescribed. Especially when they are working.
*Exercise daily (which I was doing, thank you very much, until I became so ill I couldn't).
*Get sufficient rest (which I tell myself I don't have time for, when the truth is I don't have time to be sick).

***

Finally, I finished the rewrite of my novel synopsis and the first three chapters of my manuscript and sent them off the agent and editor, as requested at the M&M Conference last month. They went out just this evening, and I will have another opportunity to pitch to an agent at the GRW meeting on the 20th. In the meantime, I must finish the rewrite of the remainder of my manuscript. In addition, I have committed to cranking out 50,000 words of a new fiction project during the month of November, as it's NaNoWriMo time again. I have the greatest idea which I actually got from a plot generator website. If you've ever wanted to write a novel, it's not too late to join the fun! At least I hope not, because I have completed a total of zero words towards NaNoWriMo and it's already November 3rd. Whee!

***

Tomorrow I am headed to Augusta for the 2010 Georgia Music Teachers Association state conference. Four of my colleagues and I are slated to do a presentation on Friday afternoon--the same skit we did at our January luncheon. I am looking forward to reprising my role as the "fidgety, talkative, won't-stop-playing-even-when-the-piano-teacher-is-talking kid," as well as receiving inspiration from other programs, concerts, and fellow teachers from across the state. I will give a full report after I return on my blog Notes From the Piano. And I promise to post faithfully every Friday after that!

***

I am excited to let you know that I have made my first sales in my Etsy shop! This success has inspired me to get serious about building my inventory. By the end of next week, I intend to have a complete line of birthstone crystal bracelets in both smaller and larger sizes, a mother (or grandmother) bracelet, and several other unique designs. All my pieces come packed in padded boxes tied with ribbon, ready for gift giving. I hope you will consider my work as you begin your holiday shopping. I also do custom orders; just ask! And if you are interested, I have also created a blog to support my jewelry business. Look for updates there every Tuesday.

***

So now you have some insight into the insanity that is my life right now. I would love to hear about yours; as you know, misery loves company. (Just kidding... it's all good!) Right now, my goal is to stay healthy so I can do a better job of keeping you posted on my progress. As always, thank you for your encouragement!

No comments: