Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

We had the best Thanksgiving ever. I made everybody's favorite dishes--ham, turkey, bread dressing, gravy, cheesy potatoes, festive sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, green beans, corn, crescent rolls--and my sister-in-law brought the broccoli salad. I set my grandmother's dining room table with her china and silver plate--it always makes me happy to have people I love sitting around her big table--and, finally, everything was ready. What a feast!

Ash, Casey, Nathan, Eric and Donna

After dinner, there was the ceremonious playing of Christmas with the Chipmunks, Volumes One and Two, which lasted long enough for Donna and me to put away the leftovers and wash the dishes. Then it was time for dessert and the annual viewing of Scrooged with Bill Murray.

And so concluded another traditional Asberry Family Thanksgiving. God bless us, every one.

***

Money is tight around here this year--have you heard there is a recession going on?--so rather than join the throngs of shoppers at the mall on Black Friday and Saturday, I stayed home and worked on projects that I hope, sooner or later, will help generate some extra income: first, the ubiquitous novel--I crossed the 45,000 word mark today, leaving me just shy of 5,000 words to meet my NaNoWriMo goal; second, the Etsy store--I put together several Christmas items that I plan to add to my inventory tomorrow, after I take some better pictures in the light of day. In the meantime, here is a teaser.

I love Etsy; if you haven't checked it out yet, I hope you will. There are some amazingly creative and talented artists and craftspeople out there with many unique and beautiful items for sale. Visit my shop first, The Wishing Box (maybe even add it as a "Favorite") and then knock yourself out! I guarantee there is something on Etsy for every person on your Christmas shopping list

Tomorrow I will do a little more writing and a little more beading; Monday, it will be back to the business of piano teaching. At some point, I guess I will give some thought to putting up a tree and doing some decorating, but that's going to have to wait until November 30th has come and gone. NaNoWriMo waits for no one!

6 comments:

Christine said...

Your feast and the peeps around the table look like good food and fun for everyone.

Thanks for sharing :-)

Pam said...

It was a great day! Thanks for stopping by, Christine! :-)

Carol Burnside said...

Looks yummy and the bling pretty cool!

Pam said...

Oh, yeah, Carol--it was TOO yummy and the bling is BLINGY! 'Tis the season to be jolly...

Anonymous said...

О! I usually don’t post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, amazing work.. beautiful …

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog. Thanks.