Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

2011 is just hours away. I am looking forward to a quiet evening with my brother, Eric, his wife, SeDonna, and my youngest son, Nathan. Tonight's theme is Mexican; the casserole is in the oven, the salad is in the fridge, and I will put the rice on the stove momentarily. For dessert, we will enjoy the last of the Christmas goodies (thanks, Mom!). Afterwards, we will play board games and patiently await the toll of midnight.

I don't know about you, but I am glad to see 2010 draw to a close. It has been a disappointment of a year, with more than its share of loss and struggle and failure, although I hope I have learned a thing or two from my mistakes. But it hasn't been all bad; there has been love and joy and success, too, and that is where I am going to place my focus. Ever the optimist, I am certain that 2011 is the year that my dreams will start to come true.

Thanks to all my readers for being by my side through good times and bad, for all your wisdom and encouragement and support. I wish you all abundant blessings and much happiness in the days, weeks and months ahead. Happy New Year!



2 comments:

Carley said...

I miss having Greg here @ the close of another year as we always saw the old year out & the new year in with him after we moved back here, but like the message on my calendar says--Today is unique! It has never occurred before & it will never be repeated. At midnight it will end, quietly, suddenly, totally. Forever... But the hours between now & then are opportunities with eternal possibilities.
I wish you & Eric a wonderful new year & God's abundant blessings in your lives. I'm so happy we got to have a wonderful Christmas one more time together & thank Jesus for safe travels for you with the many miles for both of you. I love you & our thoughts will be with you guys @ midnight!

Pam said...

That's a great message on your calendar, Mom; thanks for sharing. It was wonderful being together at Christmas; wish you could be here with us tonight, but Eric and I will drink a toast to you and Dad at midnight. I love you, too, and look forward to seeing you again SOON.