Sunday, January 2, 2011

The afghan is FINISHED!!

I first blogged about this project on December 31, 2009, and have mentioned it several times since. Intended to be my brother's gift TWO Christmases ago, the afghan is finally finished.

The pattern is "Comfy" from Leisure Arts' Big Book of Quick Knit Afghans (click HERE). Since my brother's favorite color is red, I chose Lion Brand Wool-Ease worsted weight yarn, a blend of lamb's wool and acrylic, in Ranch Red. Other than adding about eight inches to the length, I followed the instructions to the letter, using size 17 29-inch circular needles holding two strands of yarn together.

I did the math; there are 216 rows, for a total of 23,328 stitches. Whew! No wonder my hands are aching. But I am very pleased with the results; I hope Eric will be, too.

6 comments:

Pamela Mason said...

And it is GORGEOUS!

SAIDFRAZ said...

beautiful, eric is so lucky!
congrats on finishing it.

Pam said...

Well, THANK YOU, Pamela!! :-)

Pam said...

Thank you, Sherri! I would like to make another afghan at some point, but I think I am going to work on some smaller projects first! ;-)

Eric Asberry said...

Best blog entry ever! It looks awesome and I can't wait to test drive it! :)

Pam said...

I can't wait to give it to you, Eric! I was hoping to finish it early enough to deliver it today, but I didn't quite make it. Next weekend, for sure! :-)