Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Critique Partners

Meet Pamela and Lindy.

They are my critique partners. I met them through Georgia Romance Writers, my local chapter of Romance Writers of America. I searched for a critique partner for months, never quite making the right connection - and then I found two.

Obviously, we were meant to be.

They say that two heads are better than one, so can you imagine the power of three? We have met just a handful times, but already Pamela and Lindy have inspired me in so many ways.
  1. They show me the weaknesses in my writing, and help me find ways to make it better.
  2. They are fabulous cooks. Think egg, spinach and sweet potato strata and bourbon brownies. Yum.
  3. They are strong, independent, free thinking women.
  4. Most important, they are steadfast friends.
I met with them just this morning; I miss them already.

If you are a writer, you need a critique partner. Or two. Trust me on this.

4 comments:

unstoppablestart said...

Talk about inspiration...Pam, you are not only a talented and amazing writer, you are a wonderful friend, a true go-getter, someone I aspire to be. You are such a joyful addition to my life's journey. Lindy

Pam said...

Aw, Lindy. You just made my day. Thank you :-)

Walt M said...

Critique partners are great. However, mine are in other cities. The person who reviews my work the most is someone I've never met.

Pam said...

Walt, I can see how that could work very well as far as the writing is concerned. But I would miss the food! ;-)