Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Divine Milk Chocolate with Spiced Cookies

I was checking out at my local Borders Book Store a few days after Christmas, buying cards and wrapping paper for next year, when I spied this lone candy bar. I love chocolate and spice cookies, and at 75% off the original retail price of $4, I couldn't resist its festive appeal. I brought it home and tucked it away, forgetting all about it until I climbed into bed this evening. It has been a grueling couple of days, and I was craving a sweet treat.

If I had known how wonderful this candy bar was going to be, it would be long gone by now. Please understand that I am not a chocolate snob. I can be quite content with a good, old-fashioned Hershey bar or a handful of silver-wraped kisses. But I have never had anything like this before. We're talking creamy milk chocolate combined with crunchy bits of spice cookie. It was positively divine. I ate half of it tonight - ever so slowly, allowing each small square melt slowly on the top of my tongue - and washed it down with a few sips of red wine. I am going to make the rest last as long as I can. Because it turns out this is a seasonal item, no longer available for purchase even from the company's online store (click HERE).

When next December rolls around, I will be on the lookout for these delectable confections once again. In the meantime, I might just have to investigate some more of Divine Chocolate's products. I will keep you up to date on my research.

5 comments:

Carley said...

You're definitely a writer just waiting to be discovered as you can write & hold one's interest about your encounter & adoption of a "lonely" candy bar. I loved those snowflake earrings that you just showed on FB, but your Etsy page showed them as being sold. :-(

Pamela Mason said...

I bought my guys chocolate bacon bars for Christmas. Yes, chocolate and bacon. Candy bars. By Vosges.
At $7 each, they were placed in giftwrapped boxes under the tree.
But they LOVED them!

Pam said...

Well, Mom, I am committed to writing a blog post every day this month, and yesterday it was either complain about how tired I was or look for the silver lining. That candy bar was definitely the silver lining! :-) I'm glad I was able to make my story interesting. I will make you another pair of earrings. Check your email box!

Pam said...

Well, Pamela, my initial response to chocolate and bacon is "ugh." But I love chocolate, and I make an exception to vegetarianism for bacon on occasion, so I guess I should keep an open mind. But I'll hold out for a sale price. ;-)

Pamela Mason said...

According to Fins, it's delicious.

At that price, it'd better be!