Sunday, January 30, 2011

Five Questions

It has been a great weekend, with sunshine and spring-like temperatures here in metro Atlanta and a good balance of work and rest for me.
  • I spent time with out some of my besties. I had breakfast with my critique partners and dinner with my Jane Austen Book Club pals on Friday. I am so grateful to have these five women in my life. They love me just as I am while helping me to realize my dreams. Friendship doesn't get any better than that.
  • I paid bills, did some paperwork, finished a few pieces of jewelry, and made some progress on my novel. I am quickly approaching the end, and the closer I get, the faster I write.
I wish every weekend could be like this one.

***

A couple of these women are having serious relationship issues and, as many of you know, I haven't exactly been the luckiest girl on the block when it comes to love. Over dinner Friday night, one of my happily married friends said that she is working on her list of five questions just in case she ever finds herself in our shoes. Five questions, I asked? Yes, she replied. She had seen Steve Harvey on Oprah, and in his book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, he proposes five questions that every woman should ask a man before getting in too deep with him.
  1. What are your short-term goals?
  2. What are your long-term goals?
  3. What are your views on relationships? (family, friends, God)
  4. What do you think about me?
  5. What do you feel about me?
My friend (whose husband is helping her with her list because, assuming he dies first, he wants to know she will be okay) said she would ask a potential love interest whom he had voted for in the last presidential election and which news network he prefers; as far as she is concerned, there is only one right answer to each of those two questions. Get the idea? This has prompted me to attempt distill my list of 100 Things I want in a man to five deal-breaker questions. Of course, I will post my results here when I am finished. In the meantime, what are some of your questions?

No comments: