Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lazy Sunday

I have been pushing myself really hard since the first of the year, trying to keep up with the daily tasks required to meet the very ambitious goals I have set for myself, personally and professionally. I said I wouldn't, but I have been drinking too much coffee, staying up too late, and just generally driving myself into the ground.

So I took today off.

Last night, after a full day of meetings and making a new recipe for dinner, I went out dancing for the first time in ages. One of my favorite local bands, the Mike Veal Band, was performing at one of my favorite local dives, Dam Bar. I was there.

I had so much fun. I love me some dancing. I danced with a handsome young man sporting long dreadlocks and a mysterious stranger wearing a cowboy hat. Of course, I danced with my date. A good time was had by all.

My friend and I closed the place down, then I came home and slept until noon and napped on and off all throughout the day. I am in the middle of two big projects that must be finished before my GCMTA meeting on Wednesday and have a million and one other things to do, but they will all be there waiting for me tomorrow.

Because today I needed to rest.

No comments: