Monday, January 31, 2011

Telly Tales

Honestly? I don't watch much television. If it weren't for my TiVo, I would see even less. But thanks to modern technology, I am able to record the programs I really want to see - all of which air at times I am not available - and save them for viewing at my convenience.

One by one, my favorite shows have fallen by the wayside. Jack and Bobby. The Nine. Ugly Betty. Lost. All that remains is Desperate Housewives, House, 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, Oprah, and Letterman. And I rarely watch a whole episode of Letterman. If I'm don't give a flying flip about the special guest, I simply delete the entire program unwatched. I would probably enjoy the monologues, but I'm writing a novel, for goodness sake. If I do care about the guest, I fast forward to that segment of the show.

I'm one of the reasons advertisers hate TiVo.

I thought I was over American Idol, too. My favorites never win, and when Simon Cowell gave up his judging gig, well, I thought I was finished, too. But my TiVo didn't get the memo, so when the new season began, it started recording. Nathan and I agreed to give it a shot, and we are enjoying it thoroughly. Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are turning out to be insightful, compassionate judges. Who would have thought Randy Jackson would end up being the bad guy?

My partner in Idol.

What am I missing? What are your must-watch TV shows?

4 comments:

Walt Mussell said...

These days, it's Hawaii 5-0. I also love the new show Off The Map.

Natalie said...

I'm with you on all of that. I haven't watched commercials in years. My faves are:
House, NCIS, Medium, Psych, Burn Notice, Bones and a daily dose of Seinfeld every night before bed :)

Pam said...

I've heard good buzz about Hawaii 5-0, Walt. I guess I need to check it out. And I'll look into Off The Map. But I don't want to go crazy here. ;-)

Pam said...

Sounds like a good variety, Natalie! I love love love House!