Monday, January 24, 2011

When it rains, it pours...

Okay, so technically this is a picture of a waterfall, not rainfall, but you get the idea. I took this picture in St. Kitts, a beautiful island in the Caribbean. If you haven't been there, you simply must go. I wish I were there right now.

I am working on two huge projects for my local music teacher's association. For several years now, I have been responsible for doing the scheduling for Central Gwinnett's National Federation of Music Clubs Federated Festival, to be held on February 12th, as well as being co-chairman of the Gwinnett Music Teachers Association Ensemble Concert committee, meaning I assist with music selection, manage student registrations, order all music, prepare rehearsal schedules and student and teacher rosters, and put together the teacher packets in support of our April event.

Unfortunately, both of these projects come due on the same day, the fourth Wednesday of January. Along with the cold and the snow, it's another reason to hate January.

Long story short, I have finished the scheduling for Festival, prepared and printed all the paperwork for the teacher packets, and picked up the music order. All that remains to do is stuff the packets; then, I will get my life back. In the meantime, although everything else has fallen by the wayside, I am pleased to report that I have managed to write my 500 words a day.

It's not much, but it's something.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Not much? Dang, girl! You wear me out just reading all that you do!

Pam said...

I won't deny that I have a good work ethic; I just hate it when my days are consumed by the urgent and I make little or no progress towards the things that matter to me most. But I'm determined to write 500 words a day, no matter what.