Monday, February 21, 2011

Goodreads

A small portion of my TBR pile.
There are stacks like this all over my house.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am not exactly on the cutting edge when it comes to technology, so please forgive me if this is old news to you. But I recently discovered Goodreads, and I just can't keep it to myself.

Social networking for book lovers, Goodreads allows you to select books you are reading, have read, or intend to read and add them to your virtual bookshelves. In addition, you can post reviews, join a discussion group, start a book club, or contact an author. You can even post your own writing, and if you are a published author, you can create a special profile to help promote your work.

Joining is simple; you enter your name, email address and password. Then you can personalize your profile with a picture and whatever biographical information you choose to add.

I have barely scratched the surface of all that is available at Goodreads, but I have become a fan of Steven Pressfield, found a few friends and joined a book group already. One of the user tips says, "Goodreads is about 7 bajillion times more awesome when your friends are using it too. We have proven this. With science." So I am hoping that if you are already on Goodreads, you will add me as a friend (my user name is pamasberry); if you are not, I encourage you to check it out.

See you there!

No comments: