Monday, February 28, 2011

I am grounded, I am humbled, I am one with everything

Less than 48 hours after asking 25 of you to "Like" my new author page on Facebook, I have more than double that number of fans, qualifying me to register a username. Thanks from the bottom of my heart to everyone who participated!

It's still not too late to join the fun; click HERE. Remember, everyone who joins will be entered in a drawing to win a copy of Missy Teppens' His Forever Love. The contest ends at midnight on Saturday, March 5th.

Now that I have an official "public figure" page on Facebook, I feel a real responsibility to my fans to get the first draft of my novel polished and prepared for publication. As I mentioned in a previous post, my goal is to have the revision completed before my agent appointment at the First Coast Romance Writers' Southern Lights Conference in Jacksonville, Florida on March 12th. Tonight, as I was searching the internet for pointers, I came across a great article, One-Pass Manuscript Revision: From First Draft to Revision in One Cycle by author Holly Lisle. Ms. Lisle's suggestions really coincide with my process; I had already printed a copy of my manuscript (in a different font to help me see it with new eyes) and set aside a new composition book for notes. I am going to follow all her preliminary suggestions and then jump in. Revising 25 pages per day between March 1st and March 10th will get me to the church on time.

But first, I need to submit a couple of workshop proposals for the Georgia Music Teachers Association state conference in November; the deadline is tomorrow. I am really excited my ideas, and I hope I am selected to present this year. Yes, it is hard to work a full-time job, raise children solo, keep a household running, and write books, too. But I cannot imagine living my life any other way.

I am going to leave you with one of my all-time favorite songs. It is quirky but it speaks to me. Let me know what you think.

No comments: