That's short for "to be read."
I'm not sure what this says about me, but I am actively reading six books right now.
These are the old-fashioned, paper and ink books in the stack next to my bed.
- Waking Up in the Land of Glitter by Kathy Cano-Murillo
- Escaping Into the Open by Elizabeth Berg
- Life Makeovers by Cheryl Richardson
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
And these are queued up in my Kindle.
- Blessing in Disguise by Tamara DeStefano
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
Actually, I am reading seven books, if you count Teacher Man by Frank McCourt, which I am listening to, read by the author, on CD in my car.
Of course, there are many more books in my library, both paper and ink and on my Kindle, waiting to take the place of these six. It will take me all of 2011 to properly get through Life Makeovers and The Happiness Project, but I will probably finish the rest all at once; that's usually the way it goes.
Quality bookmarks are essential.
What is in your TBR pile?