Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spring is on its way...

The February sunshine steeps your boughs and tints the buds
And swells the leaves within.
~William C. Bryant

I believe I have some idea how a bear must feel when he crawls out of his cave at the end of his long winter's nap. S
omething has definitely shifted inside me as a result of the sunshine and warming temperatures we have been blessed with here in metro Atlanta.

Our 7-Day Forecast

The fog has lifted from my brain and the tension in my shoulders - the result of constant shivering - is relieved. Breezy and energetic, I am ready to crawl out from under the five layers on top of my bed and venture outdoors; I am overwhelmed with a sense of optimism and well-being that I haven't experienced in months. Instead of chili and brownies, I crave salad and strawberries; I am eager to explore the local farmer's market, make my semi-annual pilgrimage to Amicalola Falls, sip a cool beverage on a sunny patio, take a ride on the back of a motorcycle.

I am ready to trade the turtlenecks for tank tops, blue jeans for capri pants, and fuzzy boots for these.

If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

4 comments:

Eric Asberry said...

I can't believe you posted that picture of my feet! That was supposed to be private!

Pam said...

Hey, Eric, you outed yourself here. Just sayin'. ;-)

SAIDFRAZ said...

I hope you didn't jinx us! Just kidding. Isn't this weather heavenly?!

Pam said...

Yes, Sherri - a thousand times yes!!!