Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bon Mardi Gras!!!

Pamela, Lindy and Moi in our holiday finery

On this most festive occasion, I have a couple of special links to share.

1. My friend and critique partner Pamela Mason has composed a Mardi Gras tale that she offers as a gift to the world. Click HERE to read it, but you're going to have to be patient, as this is only the first installment. Well done, Pamela!

2. My friend and Jane Austen Book Club cohort Theresa Rice has written a blog post on Creamy Creole Pralines, resplendent with history, legend, a recipe, and a spot of jazz. Theresa's blogs don't sit flat on the page; when I read them, I feel like I'm watching a live performance starring the author herself. Mark my words: one of these days, Theresa will host her own television show on the Food Network. You heard it here first!

###

Tonight, I am looking forward to a quiet celebration here at home, just my manuscript and me. This morning, I discovered a huge discrepancy in my time line, requiring extensive rewriting; still determined to complete my revision prior to leaving for the Southern Lights Writers Conference on Friday, I must continue to push. It's pay now, play later; wish me luck!

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Thanks for the shout out, Pam, for what I love to do! Happy Fat Tuesday!

Pamela Mason said...

Parts 2 & 3 are up; tomorrow will post the finale, early in the a.m.

Don't know what happened, but the characters took over the story, and before I knew it, it was 5o'clock.

I tried to make the end romantic and funy. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for the shout out! Happy revising, and take the girls with ya'll on the rearview mirror. The REAR view mirror. Ahem. ;)

Tammy H said...

Looks like fun! Just read Pamela's story. Very cool!!!

Pam said...

Theresa, I just calls 'em like I sees 'em. I hope you have had a wonderful day!

Pam said...

All right, Pamela, I'm on my way. But it was very cruel of you to promise me the ending this afternoon and then make me wait until tomorrow. And, oh, yes, the girls are coming with us this weekend! ;-)

Pam said...

Tammy, thank you for stopping by! I hope you will visit again soon.