Tuesday, March 1, 2011

PFHT Contest Announcement

I started my revision today. Following the guidelines in the article I cited in my blog postyesterday, I first wrote down my theme, a 25-word summary of the entire book, a one-line story arc for my main character, and a novel synopsis of less than 250 words. By the time I finished all that, I had time to revise only ten pages pages of manuscript, leaving me with fifteen pages to complete before I go to bed tonight. But I can already see that being clear on all these elements will make it easier to remove anything that does not move my story forward.

My big red pen is ready and waiting.


***

The Petit Fours & Hot Tamales Recipe for Success Write-Off begins tomorrow. The grand prize winner will receive a critique of the first twenty pages of an unpublished manuscript from literary agent Chelsea Gilmore of the Maria Carvainis agency. Click HERE for contest rules; nothing would make me happier than for one of my followers to win! Good luck to all!

4 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Go red pen!!! I haven't printed mine out yet, because it's over 550 pages, but I agree, it "looks different" seeing it on paper, than on the computer screen. Be sure you use a font (or program) that shows if you have more than one space between the words. I had trouble with that on my laptop, but it shows up more clearly on the new computer and font choice. Work it, gurrrllll!

Pam said...

Good suggestion, Julee. 550 pages - wow! I can't wait to see your work in progress. One of these days we'll be at Barnes & Noble in Evansville doing a book signing! Go, us!! :-)

AllMyPosts said...

All the best!!!

Don't forget to have fun!! Don't become so obsessive that you change your entire work!!!


Eagerly waiting to read your work once it is published!!


with warm regards
http://becomingprince.blogspot.com

Pam Asberry said...

I don't know; on the heels of my critique last Saturday, I am feeling pretty inspired to make a lot of changes. But we shall see. Thanks for your support!