Sunday, April 17, 2011

By the light of the silvery moon


There's a full moon tonight. Just for fun, I decided to do a google search on the meaning of the full moon. I found this on http://astrograph.com.

During this phase, you are very aware of the effect of your work on others. You are operating out of a mode of visible clarity rather than blind faith, and your watchword is objectivity. You are open to the influence of those around you, and are aware of the influence you can have on them as well. In this sense, your work has meaning for you only in combination with other people.

Oh, how I long to operate out of a mode of visible clarity rather than blind faith. But these days things are more cloudy than clear. At the same time, I totally recognize the importance of other people to the work I am doing. If that leads, maybe the other will follow.

I finished my 2010 income tax return and filed it today. The outcome wasn't quite as grim as I originally thought they might be but it was tough enough. Onward.

My friend Pat flew in from Madison this afternoon. She is getting ready to move back to the Pacific Northwest, so this will be our last hurrah for a while. Her life right now is the law of attraction in action. After a two and a half year struggle in the midwest, she made a quick trip to Oregon and landed the only job she applied for and found the living situation she has dreamed of. I will miss her but I am soooo happy for her. Maybe it's time to start planning that Alaska cruise.

I still need to finish painting Nathan's doors, but otherwise the house is in good shape on the heels of my spring break painting-palooza. There's nothing like having a visitor from out of town to prompt a cleaning frenzy. But it feels good.

The bad news? I haven't done any writing since my last ROW80 update. But my novel has definitely been simmering on the back burner of my mind. With Pat's blessing, I will get back to work on the revision tomorrow.

What kinds of insights is the full moon bringing to you?

6 comments:

AllMyPosts said...

I dunno anything about the Silvery Moon's effect on me!!

I wish I get down on weight by magic of the moon!!

About your novel, hope you keep up with the writing schedule and keep going forward!!

with warm regards
CatchyTips for Writers

Pam Asberry said...

There is something magical about a full moon, Abhishek; I encourage you to spend a few minutes staring it down. Who knows what might happen? Thank you for stopping by and for your continued support!

Julee J. Adams said...

Ah, the full moon explains much, doesn't it? I'll have to call my local friends who deal with the public today to offer my sympathies.

I haven't been writing/editing as much as I should either, but I hope to start again later today. After all, we can't keep our public waiting, right?

Glad you got a visit with your friend and that she is progressing too. Keep plugging along!

Pam Asberry said...

Yes, Julee; I was wondering why I as overtaken by an almost nearly irresistable urge to howl at the sky! Let me know how the writing/editing goes. I have more to say to you but I will save it for a comment on your blog. Thanks for stopping by!

pat said...

I love that you were inspired by the full moon to write this blog. It is such a cool photo. Yes, I think there is some amazing energy and synchronicity that is creating a new life for me in Oregon. There is so much emotion and symbolism connected to the moon. I read that the full moon is a symbol for the peak of clarity, fullness and obtainment of desire. Wow! Your spontaneous photo just reaffirmed that I am making the right choices. What a wonderful gift this blog is to me.

Pam Asberry said...

Pat, I am so grateful that this post was life-affirming to you. What a wonderful gift your friendship is to me. Thank you for being a part of my journey.