Thursday, April 14, 2011

I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go

I still have a few more receipts to sort through, but as it stands I owe about $1200 in federal income taxes, and my first estimated tax payment for 2011 is due on the 18th, as well. The money tree in the backyard died in the drought of 2009, and there is only fifty cents in my savings account. So if you have any suggestions for me, I would love to hear them.


* * * 

On a happier note, it is Follow Friday.  






This week's question:

Shakespeare asked, "What's in a name?" But we all know better. So let's talk about names - specifically, our blogs' names. How did you come up with yours?

Honestly? It came to me in a dream. And it reflects my reality. Indeed, sometimes it's cloudy, and sometimes it's clear. Just like my question about my income taxes. It's clear that I am going to owe the government money. It's cloudy how I am going to pay the bill.

* * *

Elizabeth Sharp of SomeSharpWords started this blog hop. So if you're a writer and want to participate, join in! Not sure if you qualify? Well, if you have a blog to add, guess what, you're a writer. Click the quill logo above to join the fun and view the spotlight writer, Liz Schulte from Bat Country, and her answer to this week's featured question. Here are the rules to follow:
  • Follow this blog (required).
  • Follow Elizabeth Sharp, the originator of this hop.
  • Follow the featured author of the week.
  • Go to SomeSharpWords and copy the image code there and paste it in your blog. Add your name to the link at the bottom of the post while you're there, too.
  • Copy and paste the rules in your post, as well as this week's question.
  • Answer the question.
  • Follow, follow, follow! Network, connect, make a community! We love talking to our followers and replying to your comments.
  • If someone stops by, says "hi," and follows you, the polite thing to do is to follow back.
  • Comment here; introduce yourself. You just might find a new follower or two.

20 comments:

Kristi Bernard said...

Greg blog and I like the name. Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie's Blog said...

That's cool it came to you in a dream. I like your blog name.

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

1. File taxes and ask for payment plan. Been there, done that. Penalties are miniscule.
2. Have a professional review your taxes. Hubby and I did this and went from paying through the nose to getting money back every year. A good accountant is worth every penny.
3. Cyber hugs.

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Carol. A local friend has an accountant that she loves; I will definitely hire him next year. In the meantime, I will check into a payment plan. That sounds like a good solution.

Pam Asberry said...

Kristi and Lizzie, thank you for stopping by and comments. My blog name definitely fits my lifestyle. :-)

Julee J. Adams said...

{{{{{hugs}}}}} Payment plan sounds like a plan--thanks to Carol. I've been following you around on Follow Friday. It's fun, isn't it? You'll work it out and it'll be clear again soon. Love ya!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Julee. Hugs always help - even cyber hugs! Yes, Follow Friday is fun. I have "met" some of the most interesting people. Today is cloudy in more ways than one. I am looking forward to the sunshine, literally as well as figuratively!

Victoria said...

I'm sending you some sunshine from Yuma. I hope your day's looking up. Thank you for sharing your wonderful blog!

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you, Victoria. My sweet sister-in-law is on her way over for a visit; she always makes me smile!

Gabrielle said...

I like the blog name you came up with. And it's true--sometimes it's cloudy, and sometimes it's clear. Sending good thoughts for your IRS dealings.

M.G. Ainsworth said...

I am in the same boat Pam. We owe for the first time, $850. I'm holding out for Powerball on Saturday. This is the last year I do the taxes on my own.

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Gabrielle, I am hoping for more clarity than clouds moving forward. :-)

Pam Asberry said...

I'm with you M.G. Hm. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket... ;-)

Julius Cicero said...

I think the name is great! I'll be following you as well. I hope all goes well for your tax debacle. And they wonder why no one loves the IRS.
Julius

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks for following, Julius. All the support and encouragement I have received today makes it seem not quite so bad. :-)

robsad79 said...

I love when something comes to you in a dream.

Pam Asberry said...

Yes, it's amazing! I have started keeping a notebook next to my bed so I can write things down as soon as I wake up. Otherwise I forget them.

robsad79 said...

I do the same thing except I grab my netbook :)

Pam Asberry said...

That's a good idea. I guess I could use my laptop. Except I think by the time I would get the necessary files open I would be too awake to remember. Whatever works, right?

robsad79 said...

That's the worse. I've had that happen just when an idea comes to me and my netbook decides to take its time to load, lol.