Friday, April 29, 2011

Preparing for the Apocalypse








This week's question:

Keeping with the dystopian and apocalypse theme that seems to be running rampant on parajunkee.com, I have one very hard question for you: If you were stocking your bomb shelter, what books would you HAVE to include if you only had space for ten?

This list is subject to change, but TODAY this is what I would pack:

1. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkein
2. The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkein
3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo - in the original French
4. A French-English dictionary
5. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
6. American Thighs by Jill Connor Browne
7. The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz 

* * * 

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and is a way for book bloggers to get to know each other better. To join in and make some friends, simply follow the directions listed by Parajunkee on her blog.

HAPPY FOLLOW FRIDAY!

* * *

AMENDMENT TO ORIGINAL POST:

The Lord of the Rings trilogy counts as THREE books. However, that still leaves me with room for one more. Guess I used up all my math skills in yesterday's blog post. Anyway, I would like to add The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams to my list, per my brother Eric's suggestion. He hasn't steered me wrong yet. Except that one night he challenged me to a Scotch shot contest. Wait a minute, that was my idea...

10 comments:

Jules (The Great, The Good and The Bad) said...

Interesting selection - I still haven't thought of what I would take with me yet, may a big set of encyclopaedia's :)

Jules

http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

Eric Asberry said...

You've got room for THREE MORE!

You should add "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" to your list.

Brandileigh2003 (Blkosiner's Book Blog) said...

Great choices. To check out which books I’d pack and to follow me back (I’m following you now from Follow Friday) check out My Follow Friday post

Marla said...

Hi, Pam! Thanks for visiting my FF post. I'm following you back. :) Why did I not remember The Lord of the Rings!? It just goes to show that there are too many good books to choose from. I hope you have a great weekend.

Eric Asberry said...

HAHAHA love the amendment! :)

Anti-Drug Reads said...

Great choices! This really was a tough one! Check out mine too :)

- New Follower, Cory from Anti-Drug Reads

Pam Asberry said...

Jules, Brandeligh, and Marla, thank you for stopping by; I am following your blogs now, too. Eric, as always, thank you for your wisdom and insights! ;-)

Pam Asberry said...

Cory, thanks for the follow, and welcome to my blog! I hope you will come back soon!

Anita said...

Can I just opt to take one Kindle with a thousand books downloaded on it?? Yeah, I'm going with that answer. ;)

Pam, I dropped in to let you know you're getting an award on my blog tomorrow. So please stop by! :)

Pam Asberry said...

Anita, I have a Kindle too, but since there won't be electricity after the apocalypse, I don't think they will do us much good. ;-) An award, you say? I am intrigued! I will definitely stop by your blog tomorrow!