Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Singlehood



Sometimes it isn't easy being single. Laurie Perry, author of Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair and the sequel Home Is Where the Wine Is discussed that on her blog earlier today.

And it's true. Sometimes I am absolutely overwhelmed by the responsibility I shoulder. Three kids, a home and a dog. A business and a blog. Another business and a dream. Of being a published author. It's crazy making. Most days it's all I can do to keep my head above water.

Someday, I hope to live in a house on the beach, plant a herb garden and raise chickens. I read a lovely memoir written by a woman who did just that. Click HERE to find out more. I haven't worked out all the details. But that doesn't mean it won't happen.

And if I am very, very lucky I will meet a man who shares my vision. A worthy ally. Or at least a worthy opponent.

In the meantime, I am going to query my manuscript like crazy. Click HERE to watch Kristin Nelson's two-minute video on crafting query letters. It makes the process crystal clear.

I moved my beading table downstairs and will finish setting up my creative space tomorrow. Please come back for pictures, along with my ROW80 update. These are exciting times!

10 comments:

Stacy S. Jensen said...

Looking forward to the pictures of the creative space. You are one very busy woman.

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks for following and for your comment, Stacy. Stay tuned for the pictures! :-)

S.M. Carrière said...

You are incredibly busy! Sometimes I bemoan what seems like a perpetual state of singlehood, then I reconsider. Would I have time for all the awesome stuff I want to do if I was hitched?

Probably not.

Here's wishing that beautiful beach-front house with a herb garden and chickens for you. Keep believing. It'll happen!

Pam Asberry said...

Yes, S.M., it is true that relationships take time. Right now my plan is to focus on ME until I get my youngest through high school. After that, who knows? But I'm hoping there's a beach-front house with chickens involved. :-)

Laila Knight said...

There are plenty of perks to being single. It's admirable to be able to carry the world on your shoulders. I tried it for a while, but I like having a man around to share the responsibility.
...^-^...

Melissa Marsh said...

It's not easy being single AND a parent. It's HARD. I was a single parent for awhile when my husband and I divorced (we remarried each other a year later! I know...it MUST be love!). I look back on that time and realize how incredibly difficult it was.

But you are a very strong woman for doing it all. I applaud you!

Pam Asberry said...

Yes, Laila; there are plenty of perks to being single. Like I didn't have to get a man's permission to paint my piano studio purple. My summer project will be to paint my bedroom pink. ;-)

Pam Asberry said...

Hi Melissa. Sometimes it IS hard. But after ten years, it has become a way of life. I am glad you got your happy ending. :-)

Eric Asberry said...

Donna and I are ready to move to the beach, too! I don't want any chickens at our beach house, though. If I want a bunch of chicken poop I'll just go to work! (HAHAHA JUST KIDDING ANY COWORKERS WHO READ THIS BLOG)

Pam Asberry said...

You always make me smile, Eric! :-) Okay, I'll take care of the chickens. But I assume you won't mind me sharing my fresh eggs with you...