Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Consummate Saturday

This has been one of the best Saturdays on record.

First, I went to my monthly Georgia Romance Writers meeting.

I officially received my Romance Writers of America PRO pin from GRW president Nicki Salcedo


I hugged Kendall Grey, who until this morning was just a name and a face on Twitter, and learned that Anju Gattani, whom I "shared" with Carla Fredd at the critique workshop in March, has found a publisher. Yay for hugging a new friend! Yay for finding a publisher!

Next Barbara Vey and Dianna Love presented a wonderful program called "Building Reader Loyalty."

 Barbara Vey and Me

Dianna Love and Me

After their presentation, I bought Dianna's book Blood Trinity, my first venture into paranormal romance. Bryonna Nobles-Stern and several others gave it a rave review, so I am eager to dig into it.

Then, after a quick stop at my Lindy Chaffin Start's house for lunch (thanks for the veggie burger, Lindy!) I was off to Piano Works in Duluth for Natalie Hardy's student piano recital. We played a two-piano piece called Libertango by Astor Piazzolla and then I accompanied her on the final movement of Grieg's Piano Concerto in A Minor. It is always a thrill to play on that Bosendorfer grand. I will try to post videos next week.

Natalie Hardy and Me 

After the recital, Natalie's family included me in their celebratory meal at La Cazuela in Lawrenceville. I tried their cerviche - delicious! - and had a wonderful shrimp fajita quesadilla. 

Now I'm headed out for a glass of wine and a bit of live music before sleepy time. The perfect finish to a perfect day.

13 comments:

Natalie said...

Thank you so much - it was an awesome day for me too!

Dianna Love said...

Congratulations again on receiving your PRO Pin!!! You're moving in the right direction with your writing. And thanks for joining us on Saturday. Wonderful write up here - much appreciated! :)

Pam Asberry said...

You're welcome, Natalie. It was a pleasure!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Dianna. You are always an inspiration. Hope to see you again soon!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Congratulations on getting your PRO Pin.
Marilyn Baron

Nicki Salcedo said...

Sometimes a good day is a busy day. The Kendall Grey Tweetup was my favorite part. :)

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you, Marilyn and Nicki! :-)

Tami Brothers said...

Woohoo!!!! Congrats Pam. Wish I could have been there to cheer you on.

Keep on writing, girl!

Tami

Pam Asberry said...

I missed you, Tami, and hope you are feeling better. I couldn't stop writing if I tried. See you soon!

Anju Gattani said...

Hi Pam
Congratulations on the PRO STATUS! That's the way to go and the first of many steps to getting there. Thanks so much for mentioning me in your blog... it's been quite a journey and still is. I just hope I was able to pass the message of 'hope' to other writers. I wish you every success and am grateful I got to share Carala at the critique and meet with you!
Regards
Anju

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you so much for stopping by, Anju! Your speech was very inspiring; I cannot wait to get an autographed copy of your book in my hands, and I wish you continued success!

Scarlet Pumpernickel said...

Pam,
Congratulations on getting pinned! Making Pro is a big step. This is my first visit to your blog. I'm impressed. Lovely video of the recital, thanks for sharing it with us.

Pam Asberry said...

Thank you, Scarlet. I hope you will come back and visit often!