Friday, May 13, 2011

My Ultimate Favorite Things


It seems I have won another blog award - this one the "Stylish Blogger Award." Thank you, Shawna Riley! The rules require that I list seven facts about myself; however, I did that just a few days ago. So, just to show just how stylish I really am, I decided to list seven of my Ultimate Favorite Things. Hey, if Oprah can do it, so can I!  Here goes.

1. Olay Quench Daily Lotion Plus Shimmer with Cocoa Butter


This is my favorite moisturizer of all time. It leaves my skin soft, smooth, and shimmery. I love me some glitter.

2. Starbucks Tazo Iced Chai Tea Latte



Black tea infused with cardamom, cinnamon and black pepper added to milk (I prefer soy milk) and ice. In the wintertime, I order the same beverage, only hot. Dee-licious!

3.  Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes Palette



The most expensive item on my list, this little kit is worth every penny. It includes everything you need to create perfectly contoured eyes: primer, base shadow, contour shadow, liner shadow, and two brushes. Suitable for everyday.



I am big on hand sanitizer, but it contains alcohol, which is very drying to my already dry, aging hands. This is the perfect solution: hand sanitizer that moisturizes. I keep a tube in my purse and a tube in my piano studio. Genius.

5.  Old Navy Flip Flops



At $3.50 a pair or 2 pairs for $5, I dream of owning a pair in every color (and living someplace where I can wear nothing but flip flops).




Not only for blondes, these products protect my hard-earned hair color and hairlights. Lathers up delightfully and makes my hair soft and shiny. Smells good, too.



I never met a Nonni's Biscotti that I didn't instantly fall in love with. They satisfy my urge for both crunchy and chocolaty and all for just over 100 calories. I have paired them with both my morning coffee and my evening pinot noir with equally satisfying results. 

Seriously, folks. These are products I truly love, that I use frequently, if not daily. Are any of them your favorites, too? Did I leave out anything that you absolutely cannot live without?

The rules of the Stylish Blogger Award also require that I pass the award on to five blogging buddies. Here are the winners:

2.  Patti of Patti Nielson
3.  S.M. of An Author's Journey
4   EEV of Eev's Blog
5.  Vanessa of Vanessa K. Eccles

These are wonderful blogs, written with much love and offering something for everyone. I hope you will stop by and say hello!

Again, here are the rules:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.

Finally, don't forget that TOMORROW is our online book discussion of Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird. I may be up into the wee hours, but I am determined to finish! I hope many of you will stop by and share your thoughts. Until then, happy reading!

13 comments:

LisaAnn said...

Oh my gosh, thank you soooo much for my award!! I saw your post right before Blogger shut down, so I've been impatiently waiting for it come back online so I could come here and see this post! This is the award I've been coveting the absolute most, and I'm soooo appreciative!! :)

Pam Asberry said...

Hi Lisa Ann,
I'm glad you're excited! One never knows if someone is going to be pleased or annoyed by a blog award, but I really do think your blog is quite stylish, so I'm glad I picked you! :-)
Pam

Pauline Barclay said...

Congrats on the award and I love your 7 things...! x

Ashley Nixon said...

I think your seven favorite things are almost every girls favorite things! Definitely love Olay products!!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Pauline! Life's simple pleasures are the best! :-)

Pam Asberry said...

Yes, Ashley, with Olay products - Old Navy, too - you get a lot of bang for your buck. Have a great weekend!

Vanessa K. Eccles said...

Thank you so much for the award. I appreciate all your encouragement and support. Read you soon. :)

Pam Asberry said...

Vanessa, you are most welcome! Can't wait to read your seven facts. :-)

Tami Brothers said...

Thanks Pam! I am definitely grabbing that Gold Bond. Had not heard of it and working in a place that employs a TON of people, I do go through the hand sanitizer.

Love the Chai tea (but prefer it hot). Also love the Biscotti. Sally Kilpatrick got me started on that when she blogged about it at Petit Fours and Hot Tamales.

I will definitely try some of the other items on your list. Great rundown.

Thanks for sharing it.

Tami

Pam Asberry said...

I am glad I was able to introduce you to something new, Tami. The Gold Bond really is good stuff. It isn't the cheapest hand lotion out there, but it's definitely worth the extra cost!

LisaAnn said...

Just posted my shout-out to you on my blog for my fabulous award!! :)

S.M. Carrière said...

Aww... shucks! Thanks!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Lisa Ann! You're welcome, S.M.! :-)