Friday, May 13, 2011

Online Book Discussion POSTPONED

As of seven o'clock last night, I was just getting started on Chapter 11, so I was up until past two o'clock this morning finishing To Kill A Mockingbird. Heart full, eyes brimming with tears, I attempted to log into my Blogger account and get our online book discussion rolling.

Alas, Blogger went down yesterday, and I was still unable to access my account this morning; click HERE for Blogger's explanation of what went wrong. Sadly, the post I wrote yesterday, in which I listed my seven Ultimate Favorite Things, is still missing as of this writing; I can only hope that it isn't gone forever. And I am faced with the decision of whether or not to move my blog content to a "safer" site - although I am fairly convinced that there is no real security anywhere on the internet - and deal with the learning curve inherent to that process.

In the meantime, I have backed up my blog. I am embarrassed to admit that I hadn't done that before. Honestly, it never occurred to me that it could simply disappear.

So, while I wait and see whether or not Blogger is able to fully restore my content - and to give a couple of ne'er-do-wells (you know who you are!) the weekend to finish reading, I am hereby postponing our online book discussion of To Kill A Mockingbird until Monday, May 16th. In the meantime, I hope you all have a great weekend!

POST AMENDED TO ADD:

As you can see, my seven Ultimate Favorite Things post has been restored, although it is showing up as posted today. Regardless, I'll take it!

4 comments:

Debbie Maxwell Allen said...

Blogger frustrated me, too this week. I lost one post completely, and have another that just will not go up ungarbled. I hope next week is better!

~Debbie

Pam Asberry said...

So sorry you lost a post, Debbie. That hurts! It sounds like Blogger has the situation under control now. So I hope next week is better, too!

S.M. Carrière said...

I noted it's absence Friday when I tried to view it. Glad to see it's back up!

Pam Asberry said...

Yes, S.M., they were back up within twenty four hours. I will admit to chewing my nails while waiting to see how long it would take them to restore service. But they did it!