Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tweaking the Goals



With all the extra activities I have going on right now, my ROW80 goal of 1750 words a day is completely unrealistic. I have crossed the 21,000 word mark, which is nothing to sneeze at, but the next three weeks are going to be unusually busy with two more piano recitals and some out of town travel. Not only that, the unpublished Maggie deadline is right around the corner, so I need to get my first 35 pages polished to a high sheen and ready to submit. So for the next three weeks, I intend to revise a minimum of two pages a day in addition to preparing my contest submission. The biggest challenge I am having there is coming up with a strong opening hook; I just can't seem to get that first sentence right. Anyway, wish me luck!

7 comments:

Melanie Rickmar said...

Good luck, Pam! You can do it!

Gabrielle said...

That's what ROW 80 is all about--goals we can all live with. Best of luck!

B Snow said...

Good luck! You have plenty of time to work on that opening.

Pam Asberry said...

Melanie, Gabrielle and B, thank you for your warm wishes. Your support means a lot to me!

Melissa Marsh said...

Keep at it! :-)

Andrew Mocete said...

You've made it this far. That hook is within your grasp!

Pam Asberry said...

Melissa and Andrew, thank you for your encouragement. You all put wind in my sails!