It seems I have won a blog award, and I have Anita Howard of A Still and Quiet Madness to thank for it. One of the conditions of acceptance is that winners are required to share seven random facts about themselves. So I have attempted to come up with a handful of juicy, never-before-shared-on-this-blog items. As I used to say on my Google profile, don't even try to put me in a box. Here goes.
1. I had my first date just days before my eighteenth birthday.
2. Even though I was a Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy major in college, eventually earning a Master of Music degree, I chose the university I attended because my high school band director had received his music education degree there and he helped me land a clarinet scholarship. I actually played first chair in the Southern Illinois University Wind Ensemble my senior year, much to the dismay of the clarinet majors.
3. I was hit by a car - as a pedestrian - my freshman year of college. Although I suffered a mild concussion and had to get fourteen stitches, I am probably lucky that I landed o my head, as it is the hardest part of me.
4. I once attended a backstage party with the band Jimmy Eat World.
5. Whenever a recipe calls for whole wheat flour, I grind my own wheat berries. I am not making this up.
6. I once visited an officer's quarters on a cruise ship. Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
7. I love the beach, I love being on the water - I especially love being on CRUISE SHIPS - but I am not a good swimmer and I am not comfortable being in water over my head.
I also agreed to pass the award along to five buddies who epitomize the theme of the award. My winners are:
1. Sherri Frazier of From the S in Saidfraz
2. Julee J. Adams of Fate and Faith
3. Pamela V. Mason of Writer Mason
4. S. M. Carriere of An Author's Journey
5. Bryonna Nobles Stern of Baking and Books with Bryonna
If you have never visited their sites before, I hope you will! There is definitely something for everyone!
Here are the rules for the award:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to five buddies whose blogs epitomize the theme.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Please comment at the end of this post with a random fact or two about yourself. I am thinking this could get VERY interesting...