Monday, May 2, 2011

The Versatile Blogger


It seems I have won a blog award, and I have Anita Howard of A Still and Quiet Madness to thank for it. One of the conditions of acceptance is that winners are required to share seven random facts about themselves. So I have attempted to come up with a handful of juicy, never-before-shared-on-this-blog items. As I used to say on my Google profile, don't even try to put me in a box. Here goes.

1. I had my first date just days before my eighteenth birthday.
2. Even though I was a Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy major in college, eventually earning a Master of Music degree, I chose the university I attended because my high school band director had received his music education degree there and he helped me land a clarinet scholarship. I actually played first chair in the Southern Illinois University Wind Ensemble my senior year, much to the dismay of the clarinet majors.
3. I was hit by a car - as a pedestrian - my freshman year of college. Although I suffered a mild concussion and had to get fourteen stitches, I am probably lucky that I landed o my head, as it is the hardest part of me.
4. I once attended a backstage party with the band Jimmy Eat World.
5. Whenever a recipe calls for whole wheat flour, I grind my own wheat berries. I am not making this up.
6. I once visited an officer's quarters on a cruise ship. Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
7. I love the beach, I love being on the water - I especially love being on CRUISE SHIPS - but I am not a good swimmer and I am not comfortable being in water over my head.

I also agreed to pass the award along to five buddies who epitomize the theme of the award. My winners are:

1. Sherri Frazier of From the S in Saidfraz
2. Julee J. Adams of Fate and Faith
3. Pamela V. Mason of Writer Mason
4. S. M. Carriere of An Author's Journey
5. Bryonna Nobles Stern of Baking and Books with Bryonna

If you have never visited their sites before, I hope you will! There is definitely something for everyone!

Here are the rules for the award:

1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to five buddies whose blogs epitomize the theme.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

Please comment at the end of this post with a random fact or two about yourself. I am thinking this could get VERY interesting...

14 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

Oooh! Thanks!

Marybk said...

Congrats on this award! Just linked over from Anita's post. I heart cruise ships, too!

Nel said...

Seriously, I thoroughly enjoyed your posts Sério, eu apreciei muito as suas postagens. Congratulations for your work. Thanks for sharing!
http://nelsonsouzza.blogspot.com

Julee J. Adams said...

Congratulations and thanks so much, Pam! We lost touch after high school and I'm so grateful we've reconnected. We have many stories to share.
Do you really want me to share a couple of things? LOL!
1. I ran a retail book store for almost ten years after college. Many folks mention they'd like to do it, but it's not as easy as it looks. My favorite section was always the children's books.
2. My husband and I were Fan Guests of Honor at a regional science fiction convention in 1998, ran the SF con he started a few years and I wrote for a SF "fanzine" so I got to interview many authors. Why am I writing romance? Well, my characters are fans...
Please keep up the good work and thanks again for the link!

SAIDFRAZ said...

you shouldn't have nominated me for this :) you're the only other blogger that I know in real life. I have no idea who to pass it on to! But, thanks for the kudos and for being one of my biggest supporters.

Pam Asberry said...

S.M., you're welcome! Can't wait to read your seven random facts. :-)

Pam Asberry said...

Mary, I could easily cruise four times a year. I have even thought it might be fun to play piano on a cruise ship. Maybe after my youngest leaves the nest...

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks for stopping by, Nel!

Pam Asberry said...

Julee, I am glad we have reconnected, too. I also love children's books, but working retail is HARD, no matter what you are selling. And I think it's great that you and Chris share a love of sci fi, and I love the way you tie that in with your writing. Hope you get lots of new traffic to your blog!

Pam Asberry said...

Well, Sherri, some of my followers are following you, and several of them blog; check your followers' google profiles, and you can add some more blogs to your daily dose! :-)

Melissa Marsh said...

I love random facts!

Let's see...I once invited an entire softball team to spend the night in my parents' basement after I found out they were camping out in the rain. Yes, I was a college girl, yet, there were cute boys, and no, nothing happened. It was actually a lot of fun!

Pam Asberry said...

Wow, that sounds like fun, Melissa! I am always up for a party! :-)

sycamoremeadows said...

I love these awards just so I can read the 7 random facts. I find them fascinating!! I can't believe you were hit my a car! That's crazy!!

Pam Asberry said...

It's true, Shawna. I neglected to mention the dessert plate sized bruise I had on my hip where the car actually hit me. it took weeks to heal. Good times!