Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cinnamon Streusel Muffins

I'm on my way to Jennifer's house; she, Denise and I are going to knit. And eat. I am bringing muffins.


CINNAMON STREUSEL MUFFINS
Makes 12

Streusel Topping:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon cold butter

Muffins:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg, beaten

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.

Cut butter into remaining streusel topping ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl; combine wet ingredients and add them to dry ingredients, combining until flour is moistened even though the batter is not smooth.

Divide batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full; sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoon streusel topping.

Bake 15 minutes or until done. Cool slightly before removing from pans. Serve warm with butter or jam.

From Baking Basics and Beyond by Pat Sinclair

Check back later for an update on my knitting projects and who knows what else. I will also announce the winner of yesterday's drawing. Hope you are having a great day!


8 comments:

unstoppablestart said...

Those look yummy! Have fun!

Larissa said...

Yum! I want one!

Pam Asberry said...

We did have fun! And the muffins were delicious!

Pam Asberry said...

They were a big hit, Larissa! If you try the recipe, let me know!

Patti said...

Now I really need to go buy a new blender and try to make these.

Denise said...

They were SO good.

Pam Asberry said...

Patti, I mixed these gently by hand. I think a blender might be overkill. Let me know if you try them!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Denise! :-)