Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Most Important Thing

So you made your list of ten goals? Here is the next step.


My goal of being debt-free by June 30, 2012 would probably have the greatest impact on my life right now. So I am going to write that on a separate sheet of paper, make a list of everything I can do to make that happen, and then do something towards that goal EVERY DAY.

It is serendipitous that several of my other goals dovetail with that one.

It is also interesting that none of my goals have to do with relationships. My, how my priorities have shifted. This time last year, all I could talk about was Bachelors #1, #2, and #3. 

* * *

The Asberry School of Music Spring Piano Recitals took place this afternoon. My students played beautifully, and I am one proud piano teacher. My son Josh snapped a few pictures and recorded some video, but I don't have them to share yet. But I promise I will. 

* * *

Life will slow down a bit now. I teach just two more weeks of regular lessons, then have just two more weeks of "regular" lessons before I have a two-week vacation followed by a drastically abbreviated summer lesson schedule. I am looking forward to some down time; the house and garage need attention, and I am hoping to have a bit of fun, too. But my first priority is to finish The Wishing Box. It will be ready to query by June 30th. You heard it here first.

4 comments:

SAIDFRAZ said...

I want to know how you're going to do #4,5,and 6. I want to follow in your footsteps but am a little afraid to commit it to paper!If anyone can pull it off, it will be you!

1001 Secrets of Successful Writers said...

Hi Pam,

What a great site you have. I think it's so important to have goals - and especially goals that inspire you.

Good luck with your writing.

Darrell Pitt
http://www.darrellpitt.com
1001 Secrets of Successful Writers

Pam Asberry said...

Sherri, I have no idea exactly how I am going to accomplish those goals, besides working hard to build my freelance business/online jewelry store and sell a manuscript. If I continue to rein in the spending and put every extra penny towards paying off debt and then saving, I will eventually succeed. Maybe not by June 30th, 2012, but why not go for it? As for #6, I have lost three pounds since June 1st. That leaves me with 13 to go. (I guess I just told the whole world how much I weigh!) I am doing it the old-fashioned way: decreasing calories, increasing exercise. Thanks for your encouragement.

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks, Darrell. Reminds me I haven't visited your site in a while. On my way now!