Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

I love a good writing challenge, so when I heard about #Trust30, I couldn't sign up fast enough. The description below is cut and pasted from the website.


#Trust30 is an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself. Use this as an opportunity to reflect on your now, and to create direction for your future. 30 prompts from inspiring thought-leaders will guide you on your writing journey.


Here, for example, is today's prompt.

Your genuine action will explain itself, and will explain your other genuine actions. Your conformity explains nothing. The force of character is cumulative.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance


If the voyage of the best ship is a zigzag line of a hundred tracks, then it is more genuine to be present today than to recount yesterdays. How would you describe today using only one sentence? Tell today's sentence to one other person. Repeat each day.
(Author:  Liz Danzico)

My response?

Today I practiced letting go.

* * *

My revision has come to a complete standstill; thanks to two piano recitals and my trip to Seattle, I haven't touched my manuscript in over a week. At this point in time, getting my contest entry in shape for The Maggies is Priority #1. But as soon as that is submitted (the deadline is June 10th) I will get back to work on my manuscript; I am determined to have it finished by June 30th. Then I will start work on my next project, a romantic comedy I am super excited about. Now that I have some writing experience under my belt, I am hoping this book will flow much more quickly. My goal is to have it drafted by the end of August.

* * *

This morning, my critique partner Lindy Chaffin Start fed me strawberry shortcake for breakfast 


and let me cry on her shoulder for a while. Then we got to work; we discussed our respective writing projects as well as made final plans for a joint venture we have been working on for a while. Stay tuned for our big announcement.

* * *

In the meantime...

Love the one you're with. 
Take a deep breath and look - really look - at your children. 
Be who you are - nothing more and nothing less. 

It's all going by much too quickly.

10 comments:

S.M. Carrière said...

Trust 30 sounds interesting. Thanks for letting us know about it!

Pammy Marie said...

Like the prompt. My Response - What I am becoming is more important than what I have been.

Pam Asberry said...

You're welcome, S.M. It was too good to keep to myself!

Pam Asberry said...

I love your response, Pammy Marie. Thank you for following my blog!

Dan said...

Why the tears. You have a very good life. And there ARE people that care about you whether you know it or not.

Pam Asberry said...

You are so right, Dan. It's a wonderful life, and I am blessed to have loving, supportive friends and family. Thank you for the reminder!

Melissa Marsh said...

Oh my...now I am craving some true strawberry shortcake! It looks divine.

I recently lost a friend of mine, a fellow writer, and an incredibly talented musician. It was a freak accident that took his life. He was the type of person that impacted EVERY SINGLE PERSON he ever met. That's just who he was. He was taken far, far too soon. Made me really appreciate my family and friends and my beautiful, talented daughter.

You're right - life is too short. It's important to treasure each day.

Julee J. Adams said...

Amen, sister. Since I'm here in Indiana, I can't send you a chocolate cake slice or brownie, but think of me every time you pick through the beads and findings I sent.

It is going by too quickly. I need to get off-line and GET TO WORK! LOL Thanks for sharing and go with the Trust 30.

Pam Asberry said...

Wow, Melissa, I am sorry for your loss. Sometimes life just doesn't make sense. We just have to move forward an honor the memory of our loved ones by the way we live our lives. (((hugs)))

Pam Asberry said...

Yes, Julee, I will. NOW GET OFFLINE AND WRITE! ;-)