Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Fun, Part 6: Summer Celebrations

The first party of the summer is always my sister-in-law's birthday.

 We started the celebration at her house this afternoon with ice cream and strawberry cake and presents

My brother Eric killing cutting the cake 
and then went out for a movie (comedy) and a late dinner (Mexican).

 What a great day! Thank you, SeDonna, for giving us an excuse to get together and have some fun!

* * *

Next on the family calendar is Independence Day in July followed by my birthday in August. 
What special occasions do you look forward to during the summer months?

6 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

Looks like a good time was had by all!

While I don't often go out to watch the fireworks on the 4th of July, I'm always up for a good hot dog or burger and my MIL's tasty potato salad! Looks like we have Ag Days to look forward to this year, huh? Let me know--FYI for all of Pam's followers--Ag Days is a street festival in our little home town where they have rides and food booths. It's basically an excuse to walk around and visit and eat yourself silly. Mmmmm. Pork burgers. See ya!

eric said...

To loosely paraphrase Bill Cosby, I brought that cake into this world, it was only right that I take it out!

Pam Asberry said...

I'm still not sure what I'll be doing 4th of July, Julee, but I hope it involves homemade potato salad - yum! And yes, count me in for Ag Days. I can't wait to see all the old gang again!

Pam Asberry said...

LOL, Eric! :-)

S.M. Carrière said...

I adore the summer - get to take my equestrian archery lessons, there are weekend trips up to the lake, and walking to work is much, much easier!

There is so much to look forward to, it's hard to decide which to pick out as especially exciting!

Pam Asberry said...

It's true, S.M. I have a very lengthy to-do list and sometimes it's hard to decide what to tackle first. I am looking forward to more videos of your equestrian archery - that is amazing to me! I hope you enjoy every minute of your summer!