Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Update/Important Announcements

What a weekend. Exhausted following my recitals and all the preparation that went into them, I didn't accomplish half of what I hoped to today. All I really wanted to do was write. But my 15 year old foiled my plans to attend a write-in in Smyrna this morning; then I got distracted by several things at home, so I added only about 3000 words to my revision instead of the planned 6000.

But I also spent a couple of hours working on an online marketing course I am taking in the hopes of boosting my handcrafted jewelry business; inspired, I added some Fourth of July items to my Etsy store and several rows to the scarf I am knitting. Later, I met a friend at the mall for coffee and conversation and found the hot pink shoes I have been craving for months now.


That wasn't the only good fortune I had today, though. This afternoon, I spent a few minutes lying the sun, and while I was stretched out in my lounge chair, minding my own business, two dandelion seeds drifting through the summer air landed directly on top of me.


Not only that, but when I was walking back to my car at the mall, shopping bag firmly in hand, I found a penny lying on the ground.


I happen to be a big believer in making wishes on dandelion seeds and lucky pennies, so I more excited than ever about what the future might have in store for me.

But since I have never been one to sit back and wait for good things to happen, I want to tell you about a couple of things I have going on right now.

First, I am blogging over at Petit Fours and Hot Tamales on Monday. Stop by and leave a comment there and you will be entered in a drawing to win a pair of millefiori earrings handcrafted by yours truly. The deadline is midnight on Monday.

Second, Monday is the blog launch of Writers LiPP, the joint project of my wonderful friend/critique partner Lindy Chaffin Start and myself. Follow us and leave a comment there and you will be entered in a drawing to win an authographed copy of Suz Brockmann's Kiss and Tell and a Writers LiPP t-shirt. The deadline is midnight on Tuesday.

Finally, leave a comment at the end of this post and you will be entered in a drawing to win a ten-dollar Amazon gift certificate. The deadline is midnight on Monday.

See you in the blogosphere!

15 comments:

AllMyPosts said...

You too believe in lucky pennies?? Cool!! Me too!!


Ha!!! Add me to the draw!!

with warm regards
Another Author

AllMyPosts said...

Something is wrong with your "Writer Li.P.P" blog!!

I am unable to post comments!! Check out!!

Pam Asberry said...

Abhishek, you are entered in the drawing. And thanks for letting me know about the comments at Writers LiPP. I think I took care of the problem. Please try again!

KendallGrey said...

Signs are everywhere! Good things in your future, my friend! :-)

Pam Asberry said...

I hope so, Kendall! If nothing else, I'm smiling a lot more lately! :-)

S.M. Carrière said...

So many lucky things all on one day! I can't wait to see what comes of it!

Lindy said...

Lots of excitement in the air and luck on your side. I can't wait to see what comes next!

Pam Asberry said...

S.M., I was thinking maybe I should buy a lottery ticket. Or take a quick trip to Las Vegas! ;-)

Pam Asberry said...

Lindy, thank you for joining me on this wild ride! XOXOXO

Julee J. Adams said...

How funny--I just bought some millefiore beads the other day to do a necklace! Great minds think alike.
Will have to check out the other, because I love Suzanne Brockman and I just downloaded the Kindle software to my PC in anticipation of eventually getting an eReader. Much success in your marketing course and keep the ideas and positive vibes coming--the best way to make our world better!

Pam Asberry said...

Thanks for all your support, Julee! Just curious: which eReader are you thinking about getting?

lauralynnelliott said...

Ok, this is really strange. I have an Etsy shop where I have some eggshell ornaments and jewelry. And I also posted a picture on my blog a few weeks ago of some awesome shoes I bought. We must be kindred spirits! LOL

It sounds like things are going your way! :0)

Awesome shoes, by the way.

Pam Asberry said...

Wow, Lauralynn! We really ARE kindred spirits. I will check out your blog and your Etsy store soon. Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

Anonymous said...

Pam Pam your positivity is positively going to land you where you want to go. You are an inspiration.

Pam Asberry said...

Hope you're right, Anonymous! But I'm having fun in the meantime!