Friday, June 10, 2011

Ten Goals

Did everybody do their homework?

If I didn't inspire you yesterday, watch this video (it's only four minutes long), then take five to make your list. When you are finished, you may read mine.


Here goes.

  1. I am a published novelist by 12/31/2011.
  2. I work ten hours each week as a freelance writer by 08/31/2011.
  3. I sell ten pieces of jewelry each week by 12/31/2011.
  4. I am debt-free by 06/30/2012.
  5. I have $10,000 in the bank by 06/30/2012. 
  6. I weigh 110 pounds by 08/31/2011.
  7. I sleep at least seven hours every night by 06/30/2011.
  8. I meditate every morning by 06/30/2011.
  9. I live in a clean, orderly, clutter-free home by 08/15/2011.
  10. I speak fluent French by 06/30/2012.
I don't know about you, but I feel more accomplished already!

What next?

Mr. Tracy suggests we take a few minutes each morning to sit quietly and reflect on our goals, rewriting them, visualizing them as reality. As time passes, we might add goals to our lists, or delete goals that no longer seem important. But regardless of temporary setbacks, he advises that we work on our goals every single day.

Your next assignment? If you could wave a magic wand and have any one of those goals come true within the next 24 hours, which one would it be? Write that one down on a separate sheet of paper; we'll come back to it tomorrow.

You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream.
~ C. S. Lewis

May all our dreams come true!

8 comments:

SAIDFRAZ said...

Those are great goals. I'll watch with awe as you accomplish each one!

Pam Asberry said...

Aw, Sherri. Just remember, I'm watching you, too! :-)

Denise said...

This is great, Pam. I think I will sit down and write up my 10 goals tonight.
Thanks for sharing this.

Pam Asberry said...

Good for you, Denise! This exercise really gave me a lot of clarity. I hope it will be helpful for you, too. Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

Ania Gawrys said...

I feel so inspired! My list is ready; I know what to do; I don't fear the obstacles as I have a clear view where I'm heading and the path is all mine! Thank you, Pam. One more determined soul - Ania

Pam Asberry said...

Hugs, Ania! :-)

Regge Ridgway said...

Good post. Now I have to put my thinking cap on and make some goals. A bucket list of sorts. Thanks for inspiration. Your buddy Reggie

Pam Asberry said...

Good for you, Reggie! Thanks for stopping by!