Sunday, July 10, 2011

Before and After

After nearly three months of beading in my new studio space - and being careless about cleaning up after finished projects and putting away newly purchased supplies - my work table was looking like something had vomited beads all over it.


Excited about many new projects but left with literally no space left to work, I decided it was time to rectify the situation. Nearly four hours later, my beading area looked like this.


Peace and tranquility reign once again. Ah. It will be a joy to get back to work in there tomorrow.

And I meant to share this with you yesterday. It's a note that Natalie's daughter passed under the door while I was beading in their home Friday night.


That really made me smile.

* * *

I am participating in another round of ROW80. Sidetracked by beading, blogging and a book review, I missed a couple of days of writing last week, but if I can manage 2070 words a day - and I CAN - I will still be able to finish my revision by July 31st. You can keep track of my efforts on the Progress Bar to the right of this blog. Once The Wishing Box is finished, I will reassess my goals as I prepare to begin work on my next project. 

Yep, writing 2070 words a day is the big, fat, ugly frog I have to eat before I do ANYTHING else every day. Beading will be my reward.

6 comments:

Julee J. Adams said...

I've been procrastinating about putting stuff away too, Pam. My husband assembled some open shelves for our office/craft room earlier in the year and I've been filling them with mixed beads in pretty jars and boxes. I just put some purple plastic ones in a pickle jar. Say that five times really fast. But I still have a ton of stuff I need to get put away. It would take me a lot longer than four hours, because some boxes are in the dining room still and some in the basement. And my ADD kicks in (ooohhh! Look, shiny!). Makes life easier when you know where things are though, right? Good job! Now, go eat some frogs.

Pam Asberry said...

Do you see the black bag to the left of my beading table? All my pearls, crystals, and metal findings are stored in there, in tiny zippered compartments. It is the most efficient means of storage I have found yet (thanks to my sister-in-law, who discovered them, and bought that one for me!) Now that I have everything relatively organized, I am determined to keep it that way. Easier said than done, right?

S.M. Carrière said...

Looks lovely! One day, I will tackle my room...

Pam Asberry said...

S.M., it was to the point that I actually dreaded going in there. I was able to sweep the piles aside and create a small space to work, but then it took forever to find the supplies I needed - very frustrating! So I am looking forward to be able to work in a calm, organized environment once again. :-)

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Great job on the clean up. Could you come do my office now?

Had to laugh at Julee's comment. I can SO identify with her ADD(ooohhh! Look, shiny!) moments that stretch into way too many minutes.

Pam Asberry said...

Nah, Carol, I'm too busy beading now to come and clean up your office - LOL! I am easily distracted by shiny things myself. I am going to a bead show on Saturday - my first ever - and I am going to leave my CC's at home so I won't be tempted beyond my ability to resist. :-)