Sunday, July 24, 2011

Click!

Today I had the privilege of attending Margie Lawson's Empowering Characters' Emotions, hosted by the Birmingham chapter of Romance Writers of America.

I was delighted to see some of my blog sisters from Petit Fours and Hot Tamales at the workshop.

l-r: Deb Kaufman, Christine Glover, Sandy Elzie, Pam Asberry
I also made a new friend, Marilyn Puett of The Writing Playground. Instant connection. I hope you will visit her blog.

l-r: Pam Asberry, Marilyn Puett

I am not exaggerating when I say this workshop was life changing. The way I read a novel, the way I write a first draft, the way I approach revision - none of that will ever be the same as it was.

New York Times Bestseller List, here I come. Yep, it was that powerful.

Stay tuned for details. Right now, I need a good night's sleep.

6 comments:

Christine said...

I loved this workshop. So good seeing you again. I know you will achieve your goals this summer.

Smiles!

Pam Asberry said...

It was great seeing you too, Christine. Thank you for all your advice and encouragement. I am chomping at the bit to get back to writing today!

unstoppablestart said...

I'm so jealous and wish I could have gone with you. I can't wwait to hear about all of the wonderful things you learned. Next time! Road trip! Welcome back! - Lindy

KendallGrey said...

Awesome that you learned so much! I've heard this workshop is fantastic. Now go finish that NYT bestseller. :-)

Pam Asberry said...

I wish you could have gone too, Lindy. I look forward to sharing all the good stuff with you. And you know me - I am ALWAYS up for a road trip! Hope to see you SOON!

Pam Asberry said...

Oh yes, Kendall, the workshop definitely exceeded expectations - and I had high expectations! I am looking forward to putting everything I learned into practice. Matter of fact, it's time to get my BICHOK right NOW!